Home

Initial Interest with Recruits

This is a discussion on Initial Interest with Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Initial Interest with Recruits

Is initial interest with recruits still determined by stat totals from the year before? Like if I'm in the top 5 in passing yards, QBs wanna come to my school or if I'm in the top 5 in pass defense, good safeties wanna come to my team.

Or is it simply the 5 and 6 star prestige schools get high interest at the beginning of the year (like a head start)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Initial Interest with Recruits

Looks that way for my online dynasty. My friend completely dominated the league with the #2 overall defense. He's getting 5 star cornerbacks and safeties like nothing. I had the #4 or #5 ranked offense and I got plenty of solid wide receivers and a VERY nice 5 star QB.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will tell you that in my experience it is school rating. I lead the NCAA in rushing two years in a row and at first I had few solid QB's interested. Last year I had I hardly passed the ball. To start the next year I had the #3, 5, and 9 QB's wanting to play for me. Makes no sense to me. I did recruit the #5 though and got him as he was a scrambling QB. The others were pocket passers and it did not feel right to recruit them as they would never be interested in real life. The scrambling QB would be because of the option style attack I use.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Bluto_Blutarsky
I will tell you that in my experience it is school rating. I lead the NCAA in rushing two years in a row and at first I had few solid QB's interested. Last year I had I hardly passed the ball. To start the next year I had the #3, 5, and 9 QB's wanting to play for me. Makes no sense to me. I did recruit the #5 though and got him as he was a scrambling QB. The others were pocket passers and it did not feel right to recruit them as they would never be interested in real life. The scrambling QB would be because of the option style attack I use.

But at that point, 2 years into ur dynasty, u were a 5 or 6 star school? I figure....this dynasty thing is a trip tho. I just saw Florida AND Texas go below .500 in the regular season yet there they are pulling in seven 5 stars. And I'm a little annoyed with some of the other school ratings, Notre Dame gets an A+ conference rating......as an independent?

And somehow now, schools like Texas A&M and UNC are 6 star schools? Come on, yes, one day those 2 schools will have their "dog day" and rule the football world but we all kno who the powers are.....
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know. In my OD with VaTech I've been like top 2 in rushing every season, yet I've failed to have any top RBs interested in my school. This year I got the number 2 RB in the nation but that's the first 4* back I've been able to recruit in 4 years. However, I have gotten the number 1 WR in each of the past 2 years. I don't get it.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I don't know. In my OD with VaTech I've been like top 2 in rushing every season, yet I've failed to have any top RBs interested in my school. This year I got the number 2 RB in the nation but that's the first 4* back I've been able to recruit in 4 years. However, I have gotten the number 1 WR in each of the past 2 years. I don't get it.

hmm...I get the feeling school prestige weighs heavily which is how it should have been all along. I mean, how could Ohio State, a school with no history of producing good pro QBs (pro style or mobile) convince Terrelle Pryor to play for them? It's Ohio State and that's all u need to kno. If our world was a video game, he would have gone to Oregon or some crap school who was top 5 in rushing, lol.

Oh and go STAT!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
hmm...I get the feeling school prestige weighs heavily which is how it should have been all along. I mean, how could Ohio State, a school with no history of producing good pro QBs (pro style or mobile) convince Terrelle Pryor to play for them? It's Ohio State and that's all u need to kno. If our world was a video game, he would have gone to Oregon or some crap school who was top 5 in rushing, lol.

Oh and go STAT!
I think School Prestige and pipeline make the most difference. As VT, Virginia, MD, NJ are my pipelines currently. The number 2 back that I finally got that was interested in me was from VA. One of the number 1 WRs I got was from VA. But VA doesn't put out very many 5* recruits and only a few 4*s. So I don't get many of those guys interested in me that are from other states.

Also, I think you can change your sig now.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »