Home

Is This Just Me?

This is a discussion on Is This Just Me? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is This Just Me?

If you're dominating against equally talented teams then your difficulty level/sliders are too easy. I always work hard through extensive testing to make sure that the game's difficulty is balanced for me, so even if I'm Michigan, if I'm playing Ohio State on the road that is going to be one tough game. If it isn't then you need to crank up your settings.

Once I get those in place, I then typically start with a lesser team (like Utah State). I know the difficulty is going to be there no matter how far I progress, and at the start with a 1-star team I will be in for some beatings, which is realistically what should happen.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

All I do is play on Heisman. Out the box Heisman difficulty, Heisman recruiting.

Ive never messed with my sliders and I don't plan on it.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I can't even play offline dynasty anymore after playing in some ODs. I like to take solid but not great teams in an OD and keep them strong. I wouldn't really enjoy playing as a scrub school (AKA Duke) in an OD. But I'd rather not be someone like Bama or Oregon and destroy everyone. More fun taking a second/third tier school and making them a top school (I usually choose Va Tech or UNC).
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
All I do is play on Heisman. Out the box Heisman difficulty, Heisman recruiting.

That's your call. I prefer to play on a realistic difficulty for me. You must be a lot better than me if you dominate easily on Heisman. Perhaps you could implement some "house rules". There are some plays, gameplan settings, and gameplay rules I follow to prevent taking advantage of the CPU's shortcomings. For instance I do not user catch, I don't switch players on defense unless the ball is in the air, I don't use aggressive d-line on gameplan settings, and don't call anything remotely resembling a "money play" (i.e. one I know will work in a given situation). Oh and I never restart, no matter how much my paranoia tells me the CPU is cheating
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
That's your call. I prefer to play on a realistic difficulty for me. You must be a lot better than me if you dominate easily on Heisman. Perhaps you could implement some "house rules". There are some plays, gameplan settings, and gameplay rules I follow to prevent taking advantage of the CPU's shortcomings. For instance I do not user catch, I don't switch players on defense unless the ball is in the air, I don't use aggressive d-line on gameplan settings, and don't call anything remotely resembling a "money play" (i.e. one I know will work in a given situation). Oh and I never restart, no matter how much my paranoia tells me the CPU is cheating
I think Im ok. Its just that I'm used to playing on Heisman. Its really hard to win with low schools and bad recruiting classes.

Even the money plays wont work 100% of the time.

I play like everyone else it would seem. Speed WRs. And throw slants like no other route was ever made lol.

I use Pro Style Offense, using the Pass to set up the Run.

CPU cheats so badly dude. Really bad. Its hard not to Money play them up when they are jobbing you the entire game. But I throw some of everything. Mostly slants.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

That's your problem. I always play with Michigan on All American and I don't dominate. I haven't won (or even played in) a NC in this year's game in 8 years. In the previous 4 versions of the game, I've only ever won 2 NCs with Michigan.

With the correct sliders, you don't have to worry about dominating teams.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think Im ok. Its just that I'm used to playing on Heisman. Its really hard to win with low schools and bad recruiting classes.

Even the money plays wont work 100% of the time.

I play like everyone else it would seem. Speed WRs. And throw slants like no other route was ever made lol.

I use Pro Style Offense, using the Pass to set up the Run.

CPU cheats so badly dude. Really bad. Its hard not to Money play them up when they are jobbing you the entire game. But I throw some of everything. Mostly slants.
Obviously this is entirely up to you, but I just found this quote from you in another thread:
Quote:
Well I'm not really sure.

Ive played for the BCS Champ with Western Kentucky with a schedule of C.

I went undefeated and stomped everyone on my schedule by 40 every game.

I wasn't even paying attention to the ranking and there it was #1 WKU vs #2 Army.

Shocked. And I stomped Army, only cause Option teams suck if they are not named GTech.

Every game that year was a blowout.
Are you saying that you're so opposed to changing sliders that you'd rather stomp everyone and go win a National Championship with freaking WKU than to play as your favorite team and get challenged and have to scratch and claw in order to just win the Big 10?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Obviously this is entirely up to you, but I just found this quote from you in another thread:

Are you saying that you're so opposed to changing sliders that you'd rather stomp everyone and go win a National Championship with freaking WKU than to play as your favorite team and get challenged and have to scratch and claw in order to just win the Big 10?
It took me 5 seasons with WKU to have that kind of season. I made WKU like that. That's what I like to do.

I built WKU over 5 seasons and finally won the Nat Championship. I had a really good team that year. Army happened to have a really good one also.

But if your adamant about it, point me to the sliders that will challenge the hell outta me and I'll gladly play on them and see what happens.

I'll start a new Dynasty tonight and see how it goes. After you show me the right sliders of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »