Home

CPU changing the user's controlled player on defense.

This is a discussion on CPU changing the user's controlled player on defense. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14
CPU changing the user's controlled player on defense.

When on defense, during a play, the player under my controll will just switch without me pressing circle. It doesn't happen every play but occasionally. It only started recently and only in my new dynasty with Tulane. Also, on play action plays, the computer will take over my QB sometimes, also just started in my new dynasty.

Anyone else experiencing this?
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU changing the user's controlled player on defense.

Well, the play action in this game is something out of a bad football dream. So I won't even comment on that one
Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Well, the play action in this game is something out of a bad football dream. So I won't even comment on that one
I guess you won't comment on either lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm on the 360, but I've never seen that. Maybe your controller has a wonky circle button?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I'm on the 360, but I've never seen that. Maybe your controller has a wonky circle button?
I considered that but there's three reasons why it's not that.

1. The computer takes control of my QB on play action plays. (Nothing to do with the circle)

2. (I failed to mention this) When the computer switches the player, the player I was controlling dives. (That would mean that my controller, that I bought 2 months ago, has wonky circle AND square buttons)

3. It only started happening after I started this new Dynasty. (I don't know if it does it in any other game modes because all I do is play this dynasty)

I'm going to try and play a few games with my other controller, just in case. And some games in a different game mode and a different dynasty.

I sure hope it's not just this dynasty. I'm almost done with year one. I don't want to just throw it away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
ps. the pass rush is supposed to be tougher on play action play. You're supposed to have to get rid of the ball faster. Though I know, sometimes it is impossible to get the ball out, you are supposed to get rid of it as fast as possible on PA plays.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive never experienced switching players without me knowing.

My biggest gripe is when I want to switch players when the ball is in the air, it switches to the farthest player away from the ball.

I also have a problem with diving tackles. You swim pass the OL and then your ready to dive on the QB and the player just falls the hell down. Like a ghost or something tripped him. I mean nothing around the guy and he just falls. Oh does that piss me off!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
Ive never experienced switching players without me knowing.

My biggest gripe is when I want to switch players when the ball is in the air, it switches to the farthest player away from the ball.

I also have a problem with diving tackles. You swim pass the OL and then your ready to dive on the QB and the player just falls the hell down. Like a ghost or something tripped him. I mean nothing around the guy and he just falls. Oh does that piss me off!
This is understandable though. You usually switch to the intended receiver fist, then the closest receiver. Some D-linemen are too big to get off the ground. In these instances, the game is programmed to these things and you actually pressed the buttons. I'm not pressing any buttons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »