Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #233
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

Anybody else noticed EA took down all their blogs related to NCAA 11 from their website ? Real Assignment AI, Locomotion, Spread Offenses, why the spread works, player recognition blog.

But yet they still have up blogs about their NCAA 10 game features.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Anybody else noticed EA took down all their blogs related to NCAA 11 from their website ? Real Assignment AI, Locomotion, Spread Offenses, why the spread works, player recognition blog.

But yet they still have up blogs about their NCAA 10 game features.
You're probably reading too much into that.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #235
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Not really.....just something I noticed. I am sure it is just to free up space for all of their stuff they going to be adding for NCAA 12.....Like blogs and videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #236
MVP

OVR: 9

reading that in a lot of instances theyre basically generically rating players based on last year's team annoys me to no end. i know were talking 1000's of players so im not expecting accurate updates for every single attribute of every player, but that is disheartening though not as noteworthy as the problems discussed mostly in this thread of overall rating screwups that hinder gameplay.

honestly i think that as a crock of an excuse anyway. if they were that worried about getting in legal trouble we wouldnt see any accuracy in regards to the real life counterparts. we wouldnt see improvement in players who breakthrough or fall off of players who disappoint and other various examples.

excellent thread, i havent input these suggestions because i havent played the game in a long time, but im sure if i pick it back up the changes would make a world of difference.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #237
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Yea it is very annoying having a scrambling QB but not being able to use him to the best of his abilities. I really hope they fix it for this year.
I agree, but it doesn't look like they put to much into fixing the spread based on what I've read.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #238
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Interesting discovery that don't seem to make sense at all because you wouldn't think the 2 would be related. However the QB awareness rating seems to have a direct effect on the whole team offensive AI along with a direct effect on Running Backs ball carrier vision.

If you put the QB awareness rating at 99 for some reason Running Backs whole running logic changes dramatically. Not only will they bounce it to the outside, but they will bounce it back and forth like they Barry Sanders.

I never seen the Running Backs do this, even with 99 ball carrier vision, agility and elusiveness. Normally they would just make one cut and that was it. But for some reason with the QB awareness at 99 they do. Even slow backs.

I mean I played with RBA slider at 100, 90, 85, etc and they still didn't do it.

Another thing I noticed with the QB awareness at 99, the cpu will go for it on 4th down more when it is 5 yards or less. In the 1st quarter 1 drive of the game I had the cpu go for it on 4th and 5 on the 40 yard line. And repeatedly throughout the game if it was 4th and short and they weren't back into their own end zone, they would go for it at least half of the time.

Another improvement was on kick returns and punt returns. They ran the ball back way better. Blocking was some what better, but being they bounced around more they average a lot better return yards. Hell even had 3 kick returns they almost took it back to the house on me.

Now I long knew certain things didn't happen in this game unless you maxed out that ability to 99. But I would have never thought QB awareness level would have such a huge impact on ball carrier vision for the whole offensive side of the ball and the whole offensive AI thought process for the whole team.

And yes it seems it only have this effect with the QB awareness maxed out to 99.

For those wondering, yes the QB will still have over throws, interceptions, dropped passes.

I noticed the WR or who ever you throwing to awareness level has a direct effect on accuracy and the probability of that pass being intercepted.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #239
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

That is really strange! Why would QB awareness have an impact on the RB's?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #240
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
That is really strange! Why would QB awareness have an impact on the RB's?
I don't know, programming error maybe ? But they are definitely tied together in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »