Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I thought I was just a terrible defensive playcaller....I mean, I already can't stand man-to-man D but I used to be able to rely on zone to at least keep throws under 10 yards....now "underneath" throws are 15 yard first downs.
Zone defenses are virtually useless against the cpu this year. Man to man is simply more effective and it makes it tough to justify using zone when it gets beat so easily unless you mix it with zone blitzes. Your basic cover 2 and 3 zones are lousy imo. They did say they are working on fixing defence and zone coverage as a primary goal for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Here is my question. If I change the PRC to 50 like you are stating will that change the following year with player progression???
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Here is my question. If I change the PRC to 50 like you are stating will that change the following year with player progression???
Yup. Progression will happen each offseason regardless of editing
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #28
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Very nice find.

This is why a global editor in dynasty mode would be huge and would really be a great complement to the current sliders. If we could use it to increase every QB's BCV by 10 or lower every defender's PRC by 10 it would help us a ton in molding the game to play to our liking.
Palo, I agree that we need to be able to edit players inside the dynasty mode. Why can't EA see this. We are held hostage with the recruits in this game. If it made the game play better I would take the time to edit players and those that don't want to then they don't have to.

I have a question. Does anyone remember if the out of the box roster and recruits had lower PRC? If they did then I would be willing to delete all patches and tuner sets and go back to it.

I would love if EA would just come out and give us a list of what every rating does or is intended to do. Then when we see players with a rating in the 50's and it effects complete systems in the game, we want create thread after thread asking for a fix.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #29
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Very impressive find / observations...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #30
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Palo, I agree that we need to be able to edit players inside the dynasty mode. Why can't EA see this. We are held hostage with the recruits in this game. If it made the game play better I would take the time to edit players and those that don't want to then they don't have to.

I have a question. Does anyone remember if the out of the box roster and recruits had lower PRC? If they did then I would be willing to delete all patches and tuner sets and go back to it.

I would love if EA would just come out and give us a list of what every rating does or is intended to do. Then when we see players with a rating in the 50's and it effects complete systems in the game, we want create thread after thread asking for a fix.
Out of the box it was still high by default. However when people started saying it was too easy to scramble with the QB on the demo, they ramped up the QB spy logic on their Day 1 update.

I guess this was ONLY to affect the cpu defense towards the Human player. However it also totally over ride the cpu QB scramble logic and the cpu as a whole real assignment AI run logic.

The 1st clue to this was seeing the RB leaning for no reason. Now the developers openly admitted they broke the lean animation logic with that day 1 update. And it took them two patches later to fix it.

Now you have stop and ask yourself. If the lean logic was broken and it is part of the cpu run logic as a whole, doesn't this also mean other parts of the running logic got broken as well ?

However they never looked into this because as you know the whole dynasty progression thing was totally broken as well. And when they fixed that in their 3rd and final patch, it broke the running lean logic again.

So in a nut shell.......This year they had 3 patches that pertained to containing the QB scramble logic and 2 of those patches also pertained to the real assignment AI logic.

With all that PLUS over hauling the dynasty progression logic to actually make it work, it just broke the logic code cause and effect.

Editing rosters is just trying to restore that cause and effect balance.

One must look at all the different attributes as a cause and effect switch.

Each one on offense has one of defense that balances it out.

The key is to just find the right balancing act. Does a low play recognition make a player play dumb ? NO

All that attribute does is list the priorities for that defender. Which is either to stay at home or go after the person who enters your space and shadow them.

Stay at home = Spy the QB and pay attention to nothing else but the QB

With the PRC being so high combined with their patches of ramping it up internaly it made DE's, Line backers and safeties Spy the QB all game long.

Which is why the defense very rarely got faked out by anything and instantly went after the QB. They always blew up read runs, counters and play action passes.

If you put it on 50, the defense will get faked out at least half the time, but more importantly they will make their coverage area their main priority and not the QB.

Zone coverage does work IF you raise the attribute for the line backers. Because by default a lot of their ratings for zone is in the 50s and 60s.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

People need to keep in mind also certain ratings categories combinations will over ride the priority and effectiveness of other ratings as well.

Some examples: From simming dynasties all night and still in the process of simming dynasties:

High awareness over rides low throwing accuracy. Give a QB 90 awareness and 70 THA, that QB will still complete 70% of their passes and pass for over 4,000 yards. Don't matter what offense they are in either, high awareness will just simply make the QB pass more.

I tested this all last night with guys like Newton, Robinson, Pryor, Taylor, Dobbs, Jefferson......they all had over 4,000 yards passing, 40 to 50 TD passes, but only 4 or 5 INTS.

At 75 awareness.....it was more releastic they only threw for 2500 to 3000 yards, 18 to 25 TD, 10 to 15 INTS.

Another thing about awareness I found out. Awareness seems to be the pecking order for who get the most carries in an offfense as well.

If you want your QB to run the ball more, you must lower the awareness level of all the RB's and FB's lower then your QB's awareness level.

I found this out last night when I was scratching my head wondering why in simming I wasn't getting guys like Newton, Robinson, etc rushing for a lot of yards, they always passed way more then they ran.

Coaching philosophy DOESN'T have an effect on this at all. Even with run all the way up, the RB's ran more not the QB's.

But anyway as I was looking at the NCAA list for rushing, I was just skimming the list and I seen some QB's up there that had 700 yards rushing. I was thinking that was a fluke, but I wroter their names down and sure enough every time I simmed a dynasty, these same guys always had a lot of rushing yards per a season.

It was the following QB's:

Arkansas ST - multiple offfense
USF - Spread
Wake Forest - Pro

And the thing about it was none of these guys had high ratings at all, I mean one of them had a BCV of 58. The only thing I noticed was that they had higher awareness rating then their RB's and FB's or simply that their RB's awareness was at 60.

For example with Arkansas ST - QB awareness was 50 and his RB's was 60 and so was the FB. So year in and year out this piss poor aware QB ALWAYS had the most rushing attempts for his team and always ran for 700 yards or more and had over 2,000 passing yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #32
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

^^^I did a lot of work on the QB Sim Passing Stats. You can find it here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-matters.html

I came to the same conclusion as you:

NameTeamTHPTHAAWRQB RatingComp%TDINT
QBFlorida99994095.642%1914
QBArkansas999970109.647%2214
QBBama999979114.548%2810
QBMizzou999981156.066%325
QBStanford25208195.648%1322
QBBoise252599114.548%28

Those bottom two guys will NEVER see the field in a dynasty so I'm not really concerned with their numbers. The 4 guys with 99 THP/99 THA tell the whole story.

The Boise QB was able to throw 28 TD and 10 INT with 25 THP and 25 THA.

Edit: Actually just noticed that the Bama and Boise QBs put up the Exact same numbers:

Bama 99 THP, 99 THA, 79 AWR
Boise 25 THP, 25 THA, 99 AWR

Does 20 points of AWR really mean that much?

Last edited by Palo20; 12-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »