Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #33
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
^^^I did a lot of work on the QB Sim Passing Stats.

I didn't put the number up but that is STARTLING and I hope the devs see this exact thread because it needs to change.

And I'll keep saying it but Boise State and Notre Dame aren't 5 star schools anymore, lol. Just making sure the message gets out there.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #34
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah awareness means a whole lot in the passing game. I have noticed though awareness at 85 and above and QB throw the ball way too damn much. Like every year the Hawaii QB has over 5,000 passing yards and his awareness is 86.

Coach Philosophy has a subtle effect in the sense that you had to move it by a lot in order to see an increase or decrease in the passing game. Because even at 50 for passing/run QB's with 85 or higher awareness will throw for over 4,000 yards.

But I can confirm Awareness rating determines who will get the must rushing attempts on the team. I got even pocket passers running for 200 yards a season now. Got Newton, Robinson, Dobbs, etc at around 500 yards rushing per a season now.

Now I just got to figure out how to get them to the 1,000 yard rushing mark LOL.

Also......For scrambling QB's their break tackle rating has to be 80 or above if you want them to average 3.5 yards a carry. Same thing with any RB, the higher the Break tackle, the more avg yards per a carry they will have.

I mean I got guys like Luck, Nevad's QB and Washington's QB rushing for over 600 yards a season just by lowering their awareness to 75 and raising their BTK to the 80s and lowering all the RB's on their teams to the 60s.

Don't worry about the RB's, even at 60 they will still get a 1,000 yards rushing a season.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #35
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah awareness means a whole lot in the passing game. I have noticed though awareness at 85 and above and QB throw the ball way too damn much. Like every year the Hawaii QB has over 5,000 passing yards and his awareness is 86.

Coach Philosophy has a subtle effect in the sense that you had to move it by a lot in order to see an increase or decrease in the passing game. Because even at 50 for passing/run QB's with 85 or higher awareness will throw for over 4,000 yards.

But I can confirm Awareness rating determines who will get the must rushing attempts on the team. I got even pocket passers running for 200 yards a season now. Got Newton, Robinson, Dobbs, etc at around 500 yards rushing per a season now.

Now I just got to figure out how to get them to the 1,000 yard rushing mark LOL.

Also......For scrambling QB's their break tackle rating has to be 80 or above if you want them to average 3.5 yards a carry. Same thing with any RB, the higher the Break tackle, the more avg yards per a carry they will have.

I mean I got guys like Luck, Nevad's QB and Washington's QB rushing for over 600 yards a season just by lowering their awareness to 75 and raising their BTK to the 80s and lowering all the RB's on their teams to the 60s.

Don't worry about the RB's, even at 60 they will still get a 1,000 yards rushing a season.

Obviously your findings on player ratings have a dramatic effect and apparently, the coach philosophy sliders have a minor, but noticable effect...

Do you think playbooks would also factor in to the QB rush stats?

For example, if you assign the books with the most QB option, wrap, draws, bootlegs, etc. to the teams you want to rack up more QB rush yards, would it have an effect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

From my understanding from simming for the past 24 hours is that playbooks for the most part don't seem to have an effect, nor does the tendancy of the passer either. Because I am seeing some balance and pocket passers running for over 500s and in some cases over 700 yards a season just by lowering their awareness 75, putting their break tackle at 80 or above and lowering their RB's awareness down to 60.

That being said, important discovery I made about RB's. Any RB with a 60 or higher awareness is going to get a crap load of carriers per a season. I am talking over 180 to 230 attempts. With that in mind if that is the star of your team that is fine and dandy.

However for spread teams, pistol teams, pro teams, option teams and mutiple offense teams is that is A HUGE PROBLEM. The more attempts they get running, the less amount of attempts the QB gets.

You would think option QB's will have the most rushing yards, but that isn't the case. Mainly because option teams distribute their work load among 2 FB's, 2 RB's and the QB during the season.

So I am currently working trying to lower the work load of the FB's for the QB can get more carries. Slowly but surely I am getting there.

One thing I do got on lock is the pass %. 75 awareness is a guranteed 50 to 52% completion rate.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #37
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Im in the process of taking Shakeandbake30 roster and using the recommendations by skillz. I am on Cincinnati currently. Hope to have them up by Tomorrow sometime. That is taking the PRC to 50 for DE's, LB's and S's and PRC to 60 for CB's.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

I've been doing this exact same thing since the game came out. I just didn't get as detailed as you.

What upsets me the most, is that when the some were crying about too low AWR without really knowing how it would affect gameplay, the Dev's made changes through a tuner set. Same thing with Progression and Agility, people cried, then a tuner set came out without really detailing what the affect would be.

The catch 22 is that, it AWR is too high for QB's, then it enhances the Robo QB out of sacks while your trying to utilize it to increase rushing yardage.

Also, an AWR change for QB will have a drastic application compared to adjusting it with other positions.

Using Pocketscout's app, I've noticed that most Fr have AWR rating below C (many are D-), so adjusting default roster AWR's downward might not be such a drastic change.

Of note:
I've noticed that lowering Pursuit (most Fr come in in 50-60's) and Agility ratings, play-action and cut-backs happen as they should (depending on D-players Play-Recognition). Now even more with your findings. Player's actually flow hard as they should which make play-action look beautiful.

Still Testing:
Hit Power acts more like an Agression rating. The higher the greater the effort to attack the "Ball" (not ball-carrier). The Tackle Slider (35-40)plays a role in bringing out the animations performed by both ball-carrier and defensive player. Still testing to get the exact #'s to set at, like you've noted.

Route Running when lowered, makes WR/TE/Back's "Round" their routes (as most college players do) rather than those sharp cuts we currently see. This helps take away the Turbo slide to make it seem like they're getting seperation from the defender (D-players are actually running with their man (depending on ratings) in Man Coverage. Meaning that good coverage guys play close to the Offensive player (esp crossing/corner routes).
**Player's are leaving their feet (diving) to block the catch.
**Again, testing to see if Hit Power plays a role in Effort to Ball.

Hopefully next year, they don't listen to all those experts (3 weeks after launch) who probably traded the game in, leaving us searching for ways to tweak things to fix such snap judgments.

Imagine if we had one more Tuner Set with the info we've come to find through extensive testing 4 1/2 months later!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 12-05-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah still labbing away, it is fun but yet frustrating at the same time. If NCAA had game planning like Madden 11 has, this would be so much easier. Still trying to make a QB break the 1,000 yard rushing mark in a season.

Far as running backs go, don't matter how low you make their awareness they still going to get more carries then the QB, even at an awareness at 10 they were still having pretty good seasons.

So I am going to test some thing else. That Arkansas St QB is a very interesting kid. I am still trying to figure out what causes him to do what he do.

I mean his stats aren't mind blowing:

Awareness 50
Speed 77
Acceleration 84
THP 88
THA 89
BCV 76
Agility 70s
Juke, spin 70s
BTK 80

His oline is poor
His RB is average
WR's are crap

But yet this dude year after year, every time I sim a dynasty his rushing yards hover above 800 yards

offensive set is multiple
Run/Pass is 50
Offensive aggressiveness is 60

Got me scratching my head for sure because 90% of the schools have run/pass at 50 and O agreesion at 60.

Back to the lab I go.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #40
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

After reading this thread I'm thinking about deleting all 3 patches and all 4 tuner sets. It seems like the problem all started when the whole ratings threads popped up. I will admit I was mad at the time but I was one of those that didn't know what ratings effected what. That is why I wish EA would have just come out and said the ratings are this way because they have this effect. At this point, for me, it's worth a try. I played this game for the first time in 2 1/2 months the other day only because I needed a break from NBA2k11. I want to love this game but can't. I remember my dislike started when the patches and tuners were released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »