Home

Anybody Made their own Rivalry?

This is a discussion on Anybody Made their own Rivalry? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Anybody Made their own Rivalry?

Well I semi created my own rivalry, Notre Dame Vs. Miami, its a real rivalry in real life or sort of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Notre_Dame_vs._Miami_football_game.

Its called "Catholics vs. Convicts, I also call it the " The Brawl." I played as Notre Dame and I tell you, ive never played such an intense game ever on NCAA. The hard hits, Huge plays, Notre Dames home crowd going nuts. After trailing 24-7 in the 3rd quarter, Notre dame mounted a comeback but would falter to notre dame 41-31.Both Qb's passed for over 450+ yards. I seriously thought there was going to be a fight after the game how it ended. I know it sounds like im exaggerating but you can ask my friends that were watching. It was intense. Anybody else have their own stories?
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody Made their own Rivalry?

Texas Shootout
SMU vs Texas Tech

First year score : 56-53
Second year score 49-56
Third year score: 50-49

Lets just say defense doesn't show up, however I lost the second year by throwing a pick six to the Tech secondary.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

This one is in the game, but I stumbled upon it by chance. As Utah State, normally your rivals are Utah and BYU, but it seems they are also rivals with Wyoming. Since Utah State is total garbage in the game, and Utah and BYU will pretty much eat you alive for the first few years (like real life... well except this year lol) I've scheduled Wyoming as the last game of the year and as my "big rivalry game". I lost the first game at home 35-32, and my second in their house is coming up in my OD this week. My team is terrible this year (3-8) so I'm probably going down again...
Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

USF v. UCF is always a fun game. I play much tougher opponents every year, but it seems like this game is always one of those heart pounding down-to-the-last-second type of games. Every single year it comes down to the last minute or so, and there's always at least major injury on both sides of the ball.

Last year I lost my #1 WR for 8 weeks, this year I lost my #1 RB for the whole season.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I can vouch for that, having gone through six years of a dynasty with the UCF Knights. I first went up against them in season two in a bowl game that ended with a narrow 38-31 victory. In C-USA, I'd say Houston became a rival, as most years they were the team I'd have to play and beat to win the conference title, or more. In the first year, I lost to them at Houston 51-40 in the regular season, but beat em in the C-USA championship 38-36. Year three was a national title winning season, but the closest game I had was the 45-38 rematch with the Coogs in the conference championship. In UCF's last year in C-USA before moving on to the ACC, the teams met again in the championship game. Both were undefeated and ranked in the top ten. Winner would get a BCS berth, and loser would go to the Liberty Bowl. Again UCF managed to win close by a score of 26-23.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Last year I started a rivalry with Wyoming against Rutgers. We took turns hosting the match up and I struggled at first. It took until about year 4 or 5 until Wyoming finally won the match up, but after that win, I started winning more. I ended up winning the next 2 out of 3 or something like that.

In my dynasty this year with Miami I have yet to make a rivalry, but my rivals (VT, FSU, and UF) all give me tough times. My first season I beat FSU and V, but did not make the ACC Title. In year two I beat them both, but UF killed me in Brantley's last year, but I still made the ACC Title, but FSU beat me. In year three I was undefeated near the end of the season, ranked #2 and VT upset me 20-17. I beat FSU that year and Florida. The FSU score was 20-7 and the UF score was 18-6. I never scored a TD, the did, but missed the XP.

In the ACC Title I beat FSU, don't remember the score, but it was something like the UF game. I then won the Orange Bowl, finished 13-1 and ranked #2. It was a painful SR class to lose because my defense was ranked #1 that season. This year my defensive line is all rated over 90 like every other year has been, but my defense is young and rated a lot lower than last year. But my offense is nice with 7 starters over 90 including 4 of my lineman, my RB, and my Sophomore QB who is a 93.

― Plato
Old 12-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I have a big-time Tulane/Georgia Tech rivalry going. These two schools used to play in the SEC together from the 30s all the way into the early to mid 60s. I've since moved back into the SEC for Year 5.

I upset them in year 2 when they were ranked high and I was unranked and in that same year they won a couple of close recruiting battles against me for a 4 star RB and CB who now start for them in year 5. So that started to get things going.

After my upset win in the final weekend, we both were invited to the Champs Sports Bowl for a rare college football grudge match, which they won 25-17.

We then played in the season opener the following season, making it 3 straight games against them. Once again, they won a close battle, this time 31-25.

They then beat us in Year 4 in another close game 39-34 via a last second TD, a game where I blew two leads in the final 1:25.

I am set to play them in the final regular season game of Year 5 next with a possible BCS bowl appearance on the line for my #15 ranked Green Wave. They are #11.

Making the rivalry even sweeter is that after year 1, I was frustrated with how my defense was playing so I came up with the story line of "firing my DC" and I hired a personal friend of mine, Charles Kelly to run my defense using the "Multiple D" defensive package he coaches. Kelly is currently the secondary coach at GT. I scheduled GT in year 2 of my dynasty, not because of this, but because Tulane is scheduled to play GT in real life next season. Kelly "coaching" against his former team was not planned, it just happened that way.

Even adding more intrigue, after Year 3 of my dynasty, I was offered the head coaching job at GT, which I obviously turned down.

Lastly, I have recruited very well in Georgia and the state is now a Tulane pipeline.

So as you can see, this rivalry has pretty much naturally evolved over the course of the dynasty.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you create rivalries for TeamBuilder teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »