Home

Best Recruit You Ever Signed?

This is a discussion on Best Recruit You Ever Signed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

IanTheRod's Arena

OVR: 0
Best Recruit You Ever Signed?

In my Ohio State dynasty, I win the national championship and go into off season recruiting, with a solid class already. A 5* ATH shows up in off-season named Ben Taylor. 6'5 216 pounds, and has Ohio State listed first. I offer and he instant commits. Comes into the season as a WR as a Freshman 87 overall. The man was dirty. AA after freshman year, comes into sophomore year as a 93 overall with 95 speed, 92 AGI, and 93 ACC.

What are some of the best recruits you've signed? This guy was a straight stud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Recruit You Ever Signed?

I had a RB in my Miami dynasty with similar stats. I redshirted him his freshman year because I was already set at RB, but he was the second runner up for the Heisman his sophomore year. But the best part about him was he had a high break tackle rating and catch rating too, so I could always motion him out as a receiver and he was absolutely deadly on out routes.

So many times this guy would get to the sideline and then juke/spin around everyone on the way to the endzone.

Elusive was an understatement.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I signed 2 4* JUCO (Jr) running backs that came in at 87 overall, one had more speed but less power, and the other had more power. Both were great back-ups.

I also signed a 5* athlete with Florida that came in at 87 overall, but he was an 89 MLB, 88 OLB, 93 DT, 91 DE. I needed an outside linebacker so he was a stud there starting all four years. He had like 95 speed too, he set the all-time sack record, won 4 Nagurski awards, 4 Linebacker of the year awards, 4 Bednarik awards, and a Maxwell. Best recruit/best results I have ever got on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

In My 2nd Year after goin 3-9 in my Grambling State Dynasty

I got A 4* (6'1) Wr named DeAngelo Redden

Came in as A 78

Spec.Catch 94

Catch 78

Route Running 85

Speed 86

Agility 92

Accel 93

Its only year two but this Has been a steal in my eyes Had an offer from Kentucky thats it

(It would have helped if i would have brought in a decent recruiting class to complement him)

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Easily my DE named Greg Taylor.

From the state of Arizona. He's a Sophmore right now, already rated 89 overall, and from an impact standpoint is clearly the best player on my OU team....and that's saying alot.

He is 6'5" 256 lbs, with an 86 in speed, and a 91 in acceleration. It's not even fair how fast he gets around OLinemen sometimes.

Had like 9 sacks his freshman year, and has 6 this year. But he's also hit the QB a couple times right when he throws it and causes an interception. Alot of his impact, is not traceable by stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

In a dynasty with Wisconsin I ve had two equally impressive recruits.

One was the 12th rank WR in the nation. 6' 185lb white guy from Michigan. Good speed, good acceleration, great catch. Nothing ranking wise really stood out to me but I tell you this, this guy could beat press coverage like nobody else and run after the catch was nutty. Just bonkers. It really was like everybody was on ice and he was on grass when he had the ball. No juking or spinning needed he could just run around guys using directions. The first and only WR I ve ever been able to run end arounds with.

The second was a RB named A.J. Forte. Number 1 ranked RB coming out his year. 6'2" 209lbs Speed back. This guy is nuts. No cheesing no cheating I ran for 3200ish in his Soph season and he sprained his back second play of the NC. Thats the one bad thing about him is his injury is low. Frosh year he missed most of the year with a sprained back as well. How do you even sprain a back?

Weird thing is I never really am able to develop defensive studs. Ive had some 99 RE and LE and some pretty good DBs but no great stats.

Last edited by packfan2009; 12-06-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

5* Pocket Passer QB. About 6'1'' 210 lbs black kid with a live arm. I think he came in with 95 THP 89 THA. Low awareness though, so he was only an 82 overall. Kinda reminded me of a Sonny Jurgensen kinda QB. A bit small and slow, but a heck of a thrower. If I didn't have an All American QB in his last year with my team, I probably would have started him. Recruiting him was really an afterthought too. I'm one of those "recruit one QB per year" guys, so I just took a flyer on a QB who had genuine interest in coming to my school. He wasn't even my planned "QB of the future." I was grooming a scrambling QB into becoming my starter and running more spread option type of offense with him, but this guy just fell into my lap.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I think it's my current quarterback with San Diego State, Andy Martin (2016 recruit, in year 2018 now) He came in around an 87 OVR and already had really great AWR and THA. He is now a junior and is already a 99 OVR, 99 AWR, 93 THP, 99 THA. Additionally he is just fast enough to really cause problems because there are only say 2-3 DE's in a given conference that are fast enough to chase him down. So once a game or so he extends a drive with his feet. And then there's his break tackle which is like 80. And good carry rating. So he'll be dead to rights... elude a sack and by that time somebody is wide open. He does this constantly. I'm not a huge passer type but for this guy I had to make an exception, and he had 4900+ yards as a sophomore with around 50 touchdowns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »