Home

Power, Speed, or Balanced backs?

This is a discussion on Power, Speed, or Balanced backs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1
Power, Speed, or Balanced backs?

Which halfback type do you prefer to work with? I'm a power back guy, give me a 230 pound plus beast who's going to run up the gut and truck would be tacklers. I have far less success with speed backs and I have trouble running to the outside.

The greatest halfback I ever had was in my Miami dynasty with a 5'11 235 power back named Ben Rush. I nicknamed him Bull Rush because I would call dives and iso's straight up the gut and he would run through the hole, smash through linebackers, then get the first down with the db's hanging off him. Anytime we went out in the goalline formation everybody knew what was coming but there was no chance you were going to stop him from getting the ball where it needed to go. I've never had a back since that had the strength, break tackle, or trucking ability this kid had and every year of recruiting since I've looked but can't find another animal like him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Power, Speed, or Balanced backs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan8
Which halfback type do you prefer to work with? I'm a power back guy, give me a 230 pound plus beast who's going to run up the gut and truck would be tacklers. I have far less success with speed backs and I have trouble running to the outside.

The greatest halfback I ever had was in my Miami dynasty with a 5'11 235 power back named Ben Rush. I nicknamed him Bull Rush because I would call dives and iso's straight up the gut and he would run through the hole, smash through linebackers, then get the first down with the db's hanging off him. Anytime we went out in the goalline formation everybody knew what was coming but there was no chance you were going to stop him from getting the ball where it needed to go. I've never had a back since that had the strength, break tackle, or trucking ability this kid had and every year of recruiting since I've looked but can't find another animal like him.
I feel like bulldozer backs are incredibly hard to find in this game, but I would take one any day of the week. Preferably I like to have one of each on the roster to allow for different types of play.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
I feel like bulldozer backs are incredibly hard to find in this game, but I would take one any day of the week. Preferably I like to have one of each on the roster to allow for different types of play.
Yeah it's hard to find them, as I said before I've never found anybody like Ben the Bull before. I've been thinking about converting a quick fullback to halfback, has anybody had success with that?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan8
Yeah it's hard to find them, as I said before I've never found anybody like Ben the Bull before. I've been thinking about converting a quick fullback to halfback, has anybody had success with that?
I have even less success bringing in fullbacks. :-/
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Speed

U cant teech SpeeD

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
I have even less success bringing in fullbacks. :-/
try recruiting TE's and converting them to FB....works like a charm :-)

Also, I prefer speed. I run alot around the tackles and toss plays. It is nice tho for your #2 back to be power so when the speed has tired the D, the power comes in and just runs over the DTs and LBs....its a great 1-2 combo.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
try recruiting TE's and converting them to FB....works like a charm :-)

Also, I prefer speed. I run alot around the tackles and toss plays. It is nice tho for your #2 back to be power so when the speed has tired the D, the power comes in and just runs over the DTs and LBs....its a great 1-2 combo.

Yea all the FB's on my roster are te's ive converted over also. I just look for smaller blocking types
Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I grew up in Chicago, Big 10 country so I prefer Power Backs........I remember back in the day I use to play as Penn St a lot just for Curtis Enis or Notre Dame when they had the "Bus" or as Illinois when they had Mendenhall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »