Home

Question on speed Threshold.....

This is a discussion on Question on speed Threshold..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Question on speed Threshold.....

I have been experimenting with it at 25.........

Last night BJ Cunningham catches a slant pass on his own 30. He has 90 speed. He's about 3 to 4 yards infront of a 94 speed CB. The CB never catches up.

On top of this, I have User RB ability at 40 so I should be a step slower and AI tackle and run defense at 75 giving them bonuses. By my calculations I should have been caught.

Does speed theshold help make the AI defenders faster? I would say it doesn't work that way. I think it may only help humans get more separation based on what I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Question on speed Threshold.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I have been experimenting with it at 25.........

Last night BJ Cunningham catches a slant pass on his own 30. He has 90 speed. He's about 3 to 4 yards infront of a 94 speed CB. The CB never catches up.

On top of this, I have User RB ability at 40 so I should be a step slower and AI tackle and run defense at 75 giving them bonuses. By my calculations I should have been caught.

Does speed theshold help make the AI defenders faster? I would say it doesn't work that way. I think it may only help humans get more separation based on what I saw.
Fatigue maybe? I assume it affects speed but I could be wrong. I have seen faster players get caught from behind occasionally on 25 thresh.

My main frustration is finding a slider set that keeps scores lower (realistically speaking) without neutering the users offensive players, giving the game a somewhat wide open feel... But this is something I will probably never find.

Sorry to derail the thread.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Fatigue maybe? I assume it affects speed but I could be wrong. I have seen faster players get caught from behind occasionally on 25 thresh.

My main frustration is finding a slider set that keeps scores lower (realistically speaking) without neutering the users offensive players, giving the game a somewhat wide open feel... But this is something I will probably never find.

Sorry to derail the thread.
You have seen faster humans get caught from behind or faster AI guys?

No way, my guy with 90 speed and a reduced RB slider outrun a 94 speed CB with amped up sliders.

Try my new AA sliders in the slider thread and let me know what you think. I am looking for the same thing as you are....wide open from time to time but rare. I am getting scores in the 20's with 8 minute qtrs with evenly matched teams.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

Quote:
You have seen faster humans get caught from behind or faster AI guys?

No way, my guy with 90 speed and a reduced RB slider outrun a 94 speed CB with amped up sliders.

Try my new AA sliders in the slider thread and let me know what you think. I am looking for the same thing as you are....wide open from time to time but rare. I am getting scores in the 20's with 8 minute qtrs with evenly matched teams.
I will definitely give them a shot tonight when I need a studying break from finals.

I have seen it with 50 RBA I should say, not at 40. I was just offering up a possible explanation.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Threshold simply reduces the gap between faster and slower players. At 25 the gap between 90 and 94 speed is bigger than if threshold is at default. But 4 yards is still a huge lead, a 94 shouldn't catch a 90 receiver in that situation. How often do you see CBs chase down WRs in the open field? It's pretty rare.
0 threshold gives the most "open" game, where the passing game is easier and yards after catch is higher. If you want a tighter/defensive game incraese the threshold to 60-70 imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah the lower the threshold, the less likely you will be caught from behind. RBA slider doesn't effect player speed. Which is why I don't play at zero threshold, at zero you will never be caught from behind and pretty much an instant touchdown as soon as you make it pass somebody.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah the lower the threshold, the less likely you will be caught from behind. RBA slider doesn't effect player speed. Which is why I don't play at zero threshold, at zero you will never be caught from behind and pretty much an instant touchdown as soon as you make it pass somebody.
RBA slider does effect speed. you'll see it just run a toss sweep with it at 50 vs 0 and you will see right away or run a reverse with a WR. It effects the speed of the ball carrier.

I though the treshhold was supposed to widen the gap between the speed of players, so with a lower threshold, why wasn't the 94 speed CB decisively quicker than my 90 speed WR?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

Quote:
RBA slider does effect speed. you'll see it just run a toss sweep with it at 50 vs 0 and you will see right away or run a reverse with a WR. It effects the speed of the ball carrier.

I though the treshhold was supposed to widen the gap between the speed of players, so with a lower threshold, why wasn't the 94 speed CB decisively quicker than my 90 speed WR?
I am with fist here, RBA most definitely affects the speed of the ball carrier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »