Home

FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

This is a discussion on FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

Program stability is mostly figured by turnover in coaching staffs and the stability of the program running as a whole. It's where a school like Maryland will have a better grade than USC due to the off the field issues.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 12-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1

Bama hasn't been great in my 2 long running dynasties it's those damn Sooners. I find the Pac-10 gets weak after a couple seasons, anybody else notice this?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
I feel ya. I'm currently in the middle of a Maryland dynasty and they have an 'A' rating for program stability.....really? To me it seems like program stability would be based off of several good to great years in a row. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Maryland has not been a powerhouse in recent years lol. I believe their last conf. champ. came in '01.
nope. Stability would be the ability to retain the coach. Sounds more like Coach Prestige....that should take some time to build up....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Program stability is mostly figured by turnover in coaching staffs and the stability of the program running as a whole. It's where a school like Maryland will have a better grade than USC due to the off the field issues.
Coaching turnover? Do coaches get fired in this game?

And to the guy 2 spots above me, how many seasons have u run? I'm 9 years into my dynasty, I think I'm gonna take a run at the 60 year thing. I haven't seen one confrence fall or rise. I'm a teambuilder school, got an invite to the ACC and this confrence just blows. I dont kno if it's because I outrecruit my whole confrence but Florida State hasn't risen up yet, Miami barely gets over B+ some years. But I've seen Florida Gators have two straight 5 loss seasons and still have A-minus ratings while Ohio State has fallen off the map, Michigan and PSU on top of the Big 10.

I'm gonna start a bit of an experiment and try to snag a top guy from 8 diffrent states just to screw with the top in school in that state. Like if a #1 HB is in Oregon, I'm gonna go hard for him, lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Coaching turnover? Do coaches get fired in this game?
No but more specifically to the team your controlling. So if you just started a new dynasty or recently accepted a new job offer, your recruiting pitch for stability will be lower....most likely either C+ or in the low B's.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
ROFFLLLL....right now, other than Bama, it's PSU and USC who can do no wrong. They REALLY need to fix the prestige system and create a tier system. In any given season, there should only be 5, maybe 6 "six-star" schools. And they need to knock down Boise State's star rating to like 4. They've given schools so many other grades, like coach prestige, program stability (i dont even kno how that's tabulated), academic prestige, there's no reason for some schools to EVER become a 6 star school unless you take the reigns and make it that way.
I put Boise St in Pac 10 replacing WSU. They are still dominating although they get 1-2 losses per year. Everyone knows BSU is going back to mediocrity once Petersen leaves for a big job.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I put Boise St in Pac 10 replacing WSU. They are still dominating although they get 1-2 losses per year. Everyone knows BSU is going back to mediocrity once Petersen leaves for a big job.
How do you kno he's leaving? The media is really trying to make it seem like their program is as good as the top programs. I'm still skeptical, they havent had a recruiting class higher than 50th in the last 5 or 6 years, so I just have a hard time believing they're a top flight program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I mean, even in this years real life season, it looked like Oregon and Auburn were headed to the title game for weeks. With my offline dynasty, you can have up to 5 undefeated teams going to the BCS bowl series. That's ridiculous.
in 09 5 teams were undefeated going into the BCS so its not really that unrealistic

i do agree about teams that always just stay on top. I have noticed for years that texas always takes a downfall and A&M becomes a powerhouse. There must be an aggie programmer on staff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »