Home

Recruiting after your scholarships are all gone...

This is a discussion on Recruiting after your scholarships are all gone... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Recruiting after your scholarships are all gone...

After I used my final scholarship, all recruits remaining on my board went to 10th in interest. I also still could call them and recruit them. For some reason the game allows you to continue recruiting even though you have no more scholarships to give, which made me wonder if there is a reason to do so? Does it perhaps increase that player's chance of walking on later if he isn't signed? Or perhaps it's just a way for you to try and tear down the schools you don't want getting that guy by badmouthing them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting after your scholarships are all gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
After I used my final scholarship, all recruits remaining on my board went to 10th in interest. I also still could call them and recruit them. For some reason the game allows you to continue recruiting even though you have no more scholarships to give, which made me wonder if there is a reason to do so? Does it perhaps increase that player's chance of walking on later if he isn't signed? Or perhaps it's just a way for you to try and tear down the schools you don't want getting that guy by badmouthing them?
I don't think the players will walk-on. The walk-ons in the game seem to have ratings more like a 1* player. I have yet to find a unsiged 2* player that walks-on. I have not done a lot of testing but did follow 50 players from all different star ratings to see how they progressed. A few were not signed and didn't show up on a team as a walk-on.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Along these same lines, I had a big week in week 13 and signed 5 guys to bump my class up to 24 total signed. I was pretty excited about having a good class, but knew that I had one guy left to sign and it was a big prospect (4 star QB). I went back to my recruiting board and my entire board had dropped me to 10th (I had been #1)!!! I was like what??? So I checked, and sure enough, I still had 1 scholarship open. I was not too happy and ended up losing the QB. It kinda worked out though when I got a transfer but still... I could've really used the QB.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I don't think the players will walk-on. The walk-ons in the game seem to have ratings more like a 1* player. I have yet to find a unsiged 2* player that walks-on...
Don't know if they're considered walk-ons, but lost my top 2 recruits, a 5* and a 4*, in the offseason phase to schools -- one to TCU, the other to ALA -- that never offered a scholarship.
Pretty odd to see this ranking of schools recruiting the prospect, ALL with a check-mark in the Scholarship column (in recruiting board screen, TCU signee was listed as having 14 schol. offers), except for the school the recruit chose. If it matters, one (TCU guy) was an in-state guy for the school he picked.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Rookie

alemic's Arena

OVR: 4

I think it has something to do with offering a scholarship, then not having one for them in the end
9-4 Sun Belt Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Don't know if they're considered walk-ons, but lost my top 2 recruits, a 5* and a 4*, in the offseason phase to schools -- one to TCU, the other to ALA -- that never offered a scholarship.
Pretty odd to see this ranking of schools recruiting the prospect, ALL with a check-mark in the Scholarship column (in recruiting board screen, TCU signee was listed as having 14 schol. offers), except for the school the recruit chose. If it matters, one (TCU guy) was an in-state guy for the school he picked.
It's a glitch. Four and five star players don't walk-on not even in an EA game.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
It's a glitch. Four and five star players don't walk-on not even in an EA game.
It happens non-stop though. I've had 3* guys commit to me without me offering them a scholarship. Had it happen once with a 4* as well. So it does happen.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Well after pitching 60 minutes each to the remaining 9 guys on my board, they've all moved up from 10th to between 6th and 3rd. With 3 week left to go in off-season recruiting I'm hoping to see how many I can get to #1 and see if the universe implodes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »