Home

Heisman Difficulty's F-U Mode

This is a discussion on Heisman Difficulty's F-U Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Heisman Difficulty's F-U Mode

Anybody else hate/love the way the CPU in Heisman goes into F-U mode? I really love the predictability of it.

For instance, in the last two games I played in one of my online dynasties I was up by a TD and made an awesome pick. I thought "Yes, time to go up by two scores!" But in the back of my head I just knew they'd pick one of my passes off. Sure enough, in each one, I threw what should have been awesome throws only to have some sort of insanity occur and have the pass picked off. Then I knew they'd truly go into F-U mode soon and have somebody break a bunch of tackles (probably in the backfield) and go for a long TD. Sure enough, in each case it happened.

I've also seen the CPU go into an F-itself mode where they'll randomly suck at everything. Recently I was playing South Carolina in the National Championship and should have lost, but for no reason they started missing field goals, dropping TD passes, etc. just to make it a close game.

I find it annoying, frustrating, but also hilarious. Though I do hate how artificial it makes the game feel.

Anybody else got stories of the CPU's F-U and F-itself mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Heisman Difficulty's F-U Mode

I have a video I'll post later.

I'm Colorado facing Arizona State and was up 14-10 I believe. I threw a pass to my HB in the flat and it hit him in the hands. Well the ball bobbled around his hands then bounced out about 3 yards through the air right to an Arizona State defender who had a free ride to the endzone.

I was actually able to pull out the victory as ASU fumbled late in the game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I hate the plays where your QB gets hit as he throws, and the ball goes to the complete opposite side of the field from the intended receiver and straight into the hands of a defender. This has happened to me several times, but the best one was in a defensive struggle (I was down 3-6 early in the 4th quarter... with 10 minute quarters no less) when I had the ball inside the opponent's 10 yd line. I was hit as I tried to dump off a screen pass to the left, and the ball went to the right (it didn't even look possible) and was picked off by a D-linemen and returned 90 yds for a touchdown. The best part was when I watched it on replay, and saw that the D-lineman had fallen down on the play and never even saw the ball coming. Instead he caught the ball as he was picking himself up off the ground, went into an instant sprint, and outran everyone for 6.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Playing on Heisman a few nights ago in my Dynasty. I'm a C+ team playing a A team so it's already difficult, but the game single handily MADE me lose.

I am not EXAGGERATING or making up one thing here. I had 6 lost fumbles (I prolly fumbled in total like 10 times) and 10 dropped passes, 8 of them by one receiver (my number 1, and only decent receiver ratings wise).

After the first two fumbles, I played the rest of the game with conservative game plan, but that didn't help crap. It seemed like every single drive, I had a fumble. And this is WITH me covering up the ball. After I had lost 4 fumbles in the first half, I just abandoned the run and threw out of the shotgun every play.

The first drive of the second half went like this.

Threw a 60 yard bomb, which got called back for holding. Scrambled away from a blitz and found a WIDE open receiver 40 yards down field, who of course dropped the pass. I run a play action, and get sacked in .5 seconds, fumble, and they take it back to the goal line.

I ended up losing the game 28-11. I have never been more angry at a football game than a few days ago with this game. I kept saying aloud "THEY ARE CHEATING" since my guys kept fumbling no matter what I did. Is there a slider for fumbling because that was ridiculous.

Oh yeah, I forced 2-3 fumbles and they recovered each of them except one. The one I did recover, the defensive player fumbled right back to them. This was in the forth quarter with me down 21-8 and trying to make a comeback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »