Home

Star Players vs. Average

This is a discussion on Star Players vs. Average within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Star Players vs. Average

Am I the only one whose best players, the ones with speed and acceleration and agility dont feel like star players? I have recievers with 88 speed, 84 acceleration, which is "eh". But my recievers with 96 speed and 97 acceleration run the same, they dont FLY down the field.

I dunno, in 8 years of Dynasty recruiting, especially with a 5 star school, eventually you get that player that's just POPS off the page. I dont want to create recruits, because I feel like if I make him, he'll be over-the-top with the ratings and if I target him hardcore, I kno i'll get him......

I've been messing with the game speed and the speed threshold and it still doesn't feel right. All-American recievers being run down by 78 rated FS after they've been beat. #2 rated recruit runningbacks who have no moves? Hmmm......somethign just feels off...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Star Players vs. Average

You should try a good set of sliders like SECelite's. It really makes a huge difference. The only thing I changed from his slider set is the speed threshold up to 15-20 to keep games a little closer.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
You should try a good set of sliders like SECelite's. It really makes a huge difference. The only thing I changed from his slider set is the speed threshold up to 15-20 to keep games a little closer.
ditto. these are the slider sets I use. The lower the speed threshold, the more difference the speed ratings will be shown in game (i.e. if its 0, a 98 speed WR will blow by a 80 speed DB). The higher the speed threshold, the less the speed ratings matter and u will actually have some DE's catch up to 95+ speed rated HB's.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Not sure if I agree fully, my fast running backs seems substantionally faster than the slower power backs. I do agree that WR speed is only really seen on drags and fly routes.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Not sure if I agree fully, my fast running backs seems substantionally faster than the slower power backs. I do agree that WR speed is only really seen on drags and fly routes.

What's wierd with my runningbacks right now? The back with lower ratings in his juke and spin moves seems to just fly threw the hole and makes guys miss like crazy. He has similar acceleration to my #1 back and that guy runs like he has weights on his feet. I hate sitting seniors and juniors because a sophmore gets through the holes faster but gotta do what best for the team, lol.

With the recievers, they run fast without the ball but once they catch it, it's like they caught a 50 pound ball. I mean, guys like Dez Bryant or Andre Johnson, when they would get the ball, especially mid-stride, it was like they got faster. Or even track guys like Ted Ginn, when he did those end-arounds out of the Bucks spread, he would get around the edge so fast.....But I'll check those sliders....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »