Home

For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

This is a discussion on For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

I've never seen it either, people just like to bitch on these boards for the most part. Getting tackled on a toss is not getting "run down" it's called pursuit.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
I've never seen it either, people just like to bitch on these boards for the most part. Getting tackled on a toss is not getting "run down" it's called pursuit.
agreed, but if you are already 5 yards down field with no one in front of you and a DE comes from behind to tackle you...thats more then just pursuit.

Also, I was just speaking from experience. The necessary slider adjustments took care of it and I wouldnt have complained about it on the boards. The OP asked and I responded.....
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats exactly it, its why we have to discuss these things because I don't want EA dumbing down the defense or making them slower because they have read in multiple threads that linemen are running down 90+ speed RB's downfield. I have to really handicap myself with sliders and some house rules to not get too many big plays as it is.
You said it all. If EA reads about how the D can run down faster players then they will go overboard to fix something that is a non-issue. It's like NCAA 09, when people were all upset because the D could not stop anyone or so they said. EA responded by killing QB's from running because they made the D take perfect angles and read plays before they happen. The raised the PUR and PRC ratings for players. By doing so it killed a huge part of the college game.
I wonder if these people that grip about these things use sliders, low the speed slider so that the slower play slow and the fast play fast. The only time I have seen anyone get caught was when a fast DB ran down a slower skill position player. Watch a game on Saturdays and you will see it happen all the time. The Auburn-Alabama had a play where Ingram was ran down a striped by Carter, a DE for Auburn. I know Ingram is not a blazer but it happens.
If anyone wants to see a better playing game then delete the patches and play the game the way EA had intended. I did so and have seen a 100% improvement. I can now run play-action, return kicks & punts, seeing QB's (human & cpu controlled) run with open lanes. The option (spread and triple) ran so much better. This is what happens when people complain about things that is just part of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
If anyone wants to see a better playing game then delete the patches and play the game the way EA had intended.
Is it possible to do this without reformatting the harddrive?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
Is it possible to do this without reformatting the harddrive?
Clear your cache. You have to go back and download all the patches for any other game you play. I only play NBA2k11, Choops2k8, & Madden 10 every now and then. It took me 10 minutes to do. By doing so NCAA 11 changed for me. The game plays so much better. EA messed things up with all these patches.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Clear your cache. You have to go back and download all the patches for any other game you play. I only play NBA2k11, Choops2k8, & Madden 10 every now and then. It took me 10 minutes to do. By doing so NCAA 11 changed for me. The game plays so much better. EA messed things up with all these patches.
I want the final patch, thats fine with me...but I want the tuner set second from the last! The one that came out WITH the last patch...the last one they did just screwed up several parts of the game for me...damn jumping 300lb+ DL that leap 15ft in the air and LBers that NEVER miss the ball when batting at it just tick me off to no end!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #15
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
I want the final patch, thats fine with me...but I want the tuner set second from the last! The one that came out WITH the last patch...the last one they did just screwed up several parts of the game for me...damn jumping 300lb+ DL that leap 15ft in the air and LBers that NEVER miss the ball when batting at it just tick me off to no end!
Me and friend dubbed those ball swatting LB's Jesusbackers, maybe half the time they'll swat a pass down intended for a reciever 8-10 yards behind them. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with field size, brought to my attention by khalib in the QB Scrambling thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #16
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Me and friend dubbed those ball swatting LB's Jesusbackers, maybe half the time they'll swat a pass down intended for a reciever 8-10 yards behind them. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with field size, brought to my attention by khalib in the QB Scrambling thread.
I thought it was a common knowledge that the players were not to scale. If they were to scale, the game would have to move INCREDIBLY fast to get smaller players with shorter strides down the field.

The other thing I wonder about, in regards to throwing OVER linebackers or even D-linemen who drop back into the 5 ro 7 yard range, when u throw a pass and use the L-stick, is the axis of the stick parallel to the ground or perdendicular to the ground? If it's paralell, I would expect that pressing the L-stick forward would lead the reciever ahead, but if it's perpendicular, the pass should be HIGHER, right? With that in mind, there has to be a way to throw over some1's head without throwing a straight up lob pass that would hang in the air longer than needed.

Also, it appears height of the QB doesn't affect the passing lane. Taller QBs are capable of throwing over the heads of linebackers, especially if they're accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »