Home

For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

This is a discussion on For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #17
Rookie

MINN's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

There was a time where I was Minnesota and I was facing wisconsin. My CB(Michael Carter) made an INT near the goal line and ran 90+ yards with wis. FB catching up to me every strides he takes. He was pretty close to tackling my CB. I mean, I could of understand it if the FB had 90+ speed and accel. But I check his rating and both of it was below 80 while mines was above 90+. BTW, I'm playing with secelite's slider.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINN
There was a time where I was Minnesota and I was facing wisconsin. My CB(Michael Carter) made an INT near the goal line and ran 90+ yards with wis. FB catching up to me every strides he takes. He was pretty close to tackling my CB. I mean, I could of understand it if the FB had 90+ speed and accel. But I check his rating and both of it was below 80 while mines was above 90+. BTW, I'm playing with secelite's slider.
I have read people that say the higher levels have a built in ratings boost. So if I'm not wrong then secelite's sliders are all-american right? If they are then the cpu will see a boost. If you want a better playing game use Playmakers sliders. The Varsity level is the default level so the cpu would not receive a ratings boost. The one thing I will say about Playmakers sliders is you better get your run D in check or you will get killed. I have had a few picks in the past few days that my fast corner was all alone. I have never seen my go get run down. I have seen guys get close to a slower player but never run down.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The one thing I will say about Playmakers sliders is you better get your run D in check or you will get killed.
ditto...its a great slider set and very challenging. I am MTSU and got sliced by Vandy...they ripped off about 6-7 YPC.

Also, I do not think you can throw over the LB's heads unless you throw a lob pass. If you press up on the L stick, it leads the receiver down field, if you press down on the L stick it shortens up the pass.

For me, the super jumping LBs is by far the most frustrating part of the game.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
Also, I do not think you can throw over the LB's heads unless you throw a lob pass. If you press up on the L stick, it leads the receiver down field, if you press down on the L stick it shortens up the pass.

For me, the super jumping LBs is by far the most frustrating part of the game.
So the axis is parallel, you mean? And yea, those linebackers are annoying, because they're clearly playing UP in zone coverage and out of position. It's annoying cuz in real football, I see passes thrown over linebackers all the time....
Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
So the axis is parallel, you mean? And yea, those linebackers are annoying, because they're clearly playing UP in zone coverage and out of position. It's annoying cuz in real football, I see passes thrown over linebackers all the time....
The release if pressure sensitive, just tap it a hair longer than a lob. Don't hold down the pass button. I throw over them all the time on post patterns and deeper slants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

To throw over LBs...step up in the pocket...it allows more touch, lessens the air a little....also helps with player with low catch ratings..step up and lob it to them.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #23
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The release if pressure sensitive, just tap it a hair longer than a lob. Don't hold down the pass button. I throw over them all the time on post patterns and deeper slants.
It's not on the posts or deep slants. It's when a linebacker is 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and I'm throwing to a guy 10 yards behind him.....maybe I dont consider 13 yards "deep".

One other thing, it's off topic, has anyone EVER seen a pass interference flag? Ever? I mean, if I knew how to upload videos on this thing, I'd do it but these defenders (even my own defenders) just impede the progress of a reciever with no issue. If I wanna avoid a big gain on a throw, bump him.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
It's not on the posts or deep slants. It's when a linebacker is 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and I'm throwing to a guy 10 yards behind him.....maybe I dont consider 13 yards "deep".

One other thing, it's off topic, has anyone EVER seen a pass interference flag? Ever? I mean, if I knew how to upload videos on this thing, I'd do it but these defenders (even my own defenders) just impede the progress of a reciever with no issue. If I wanna avoid a big gain on a throw, bump him.

Just put a little air under it. The situation you describe is you are throwing over a LB that is 3 or 4 yards off the LOS to a receiver that is 10 to 12 yards down field. If you are throwing directly over the LB who is in spy or zone and watching the QB, the ball would have to be at minimum 10 feet off the ground, to be safe it better be 11. The longer you hold the button the closer its going to stay to its release point of roughly 6 feet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »