Home

For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

This is a discussion on For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #25
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Just put a little air under it. The situation you describe is you are throwing over a LB that is 3 or 4 yards off the LOS to a receiver that is 10 to 12 yards down field. If you are throwing directly over the LB who is in spy or zone and watching the QB, the ball would have to be at minimum 10 feet off the ground, to be safe it better be 11. The longer you hold the button the closer its going to stay to its release point of roughly 6 feet.
I agree, the only time I see the "superman" LB's making a Shaq style block is when I try and throw the ball through a guy. The only way to do that is hold the button down. Once you know that you can't throw bullets over the middle the game opens up. I'm able to work the middle better then the outside the numbers.
Guys think about how you would throw a ball if you were playing. It is all about release point. When you try to throw a harder pass you are going to have a lower release point so the balls flight pattern will be lower. If you put a little more touch on the ball then your arm angle will be higher so the balls flight pattern will be higher. When you watch football this weekend, watch and see when a ball gets batted down if it is not due to the arm angle of the QB. It works the same in NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: For people who say they get caught from behind by slower players...

I've had safeties take good angles and run me down when the ball carrier didn't have exceptional speed.

I have also been run down from behind, HOWEVER; the defender always dives and misses or I break the tackle when they get to me. Or, they execute the tackle as I'm crossing the goal line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »