Home

Is it just me, or does NCAA seem as equally popular this year?

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or does NCAA seem as equally popular this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is it just me, or does NCAA seem as equally popular as Madden this year?

Every time I come to this site and log onto the forum, I can't help but compare the number of viewers between NCAA and Madden. I've been coming to this site for several years now, and usually the Madden viewers were almost double the NCAA guys - this year, except for the first couple months after Madden came out, the viewers have been mostly even...maybe slightly in Madden's favor.

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but one might say that this is an indication that the NCAA guys really trumped the Madden team this year. I usually stop playing all football games by this point, but I'm still playing this year's iteration of NCAA (skipped Madden 2nd year in a row) and don't see myself stopping soon.

I don't know if the sales #'s indicate a closing gap between the two titles, but if they do, maybe EA will give the NCAA development a little more attention and $; and more importantly, convince the NCAA team that they are on the right track with getting the details and gameplay right.

Last edited by 99ovr; 12-15-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is it just me, or does NCAA seem as equally popular this year?

I believe it can be interpreted as a representation of simulation play vs arcade play. I know the kids like the offensive style and simplicity of Madden. NCAA offers the more strategic approach to football which separates football video games from other sports games. I'm sure if there were 4 different football games out all 4 would strongly represented. I'm sure many would purchase all 4, it's football. NCAA is on the right track.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Don't know where you been, but I have been on various gaming websites for over 10 years now and NCAA has always been more popular then Madden. Dynasty trumps franchise mode.

Madden is one of those head to head type of games, where NCAA series has always been the long term dynasty type of games. The developer Ben said it himself last night on the radio show when they be polling data from people EA accounts.

Even though I always buy both, college sports always are more fun then the pro version. It was that way for football and basketball. I could play NCAA 2K8 all year long and not get bored with it. However I got bored with NBA 2K11 after a month.

Not saying anything wrong with the game, it is just that the college atmosphere and depth of dynasty trumps franchise mode. With the pro games franchise mode is just too easy to take a scrub team and turn them into contender in 1 year. All it boils down to is money and trades. So if your team has a whole lot of money you can buy a boat load of people and instantly make that team a contender.

In the college games it isn't that easy to take a scrub school and turn them into a contender in a short time frame. You really have to sale your school to people, beat some big name schools to entice recruits to come. Just more work period, which is fun.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes it is, not because NCAA is so great but because Madden is so BAD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »