Home

Dynasty: Accurate Conferences Question..

This is a discussion on Dynasty: Accurate Conferences Question.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Dynasty: Accurate Conferences Question..

I was if someone could give me a quick rundown of the new conference realignment? Im about to start a new dynasty, and I want the conferences to be as accurate to real-life as possible. Thanks.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Dynasty: Accurate Conferences Question..

TCU from MWC to Big East
BYU from MWC to Independents
Utah from MWC to Pac-12

Colorado from Big XII to Pac-12
Nebraska from Big XII to Big 10+2

Boise State, Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii from WAC to MWC

Think that's all of it.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Forgive if a newbie question, but how is it possible -- running offline, if that matters -- to re-align conferences for real-life accuracy?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its not. For every team you swap into a conference, one comes out...
Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Forgive if a newbie question, but how is it possible -- running offline, if that matters -- to re-align conferences for real-life accuracy?
Cant do it cause you have to swap teams. What I did was move the Big 10 teams to the Big 12. Took TCU and swapped out Rutgers. Moved Colorado to the Pac 10 for Washington and Utah to the Pac 10 for Washington State.

After that I moved BSU, Nevada, Hawaii, and Fresno to the MWC for BYU, New Mexico, Rutgers and Washington State. Basically, in the end, I made the WAC the dumping ground. I wanted to move BYU to independents but didnt want to move out any of the 3 current independent schools. Its not perfect by any means but works for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Thats why i said "as accurate to real-life as possible." I understand that you have to swap teams.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6

A decent version of the recent developments of the conference alignments can be changed as follows...

*Trade Nebraska with Northwestern (places Nebraska in the Big 10)

*Trade Northwestern with Utah (Not the Pac 10, but moves Utah to a BCS conference)

*Trade Northwestern with Boise State (moves Boise State to the MWC)

*Trade Northwestern with Tulane (geographically repositions Northwestern)

*Move Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada from the WAC to the MWC for 3 lower prestige teams (Look at the teams that actually moved from WAC to the MWC)

There are a few other moves that I like to do that aren't necessarily realistic (yet), but add to a dynasty. I like to move Notre Dame to the Big East for South Florida. Next, trade South Florida with BYU (this will make a realistic move by making BYU an independent school). Finally, trade South Florida with SMU or Tulsa of Conference USA's western division and swap South Florida with Southern Miss to correctly align the conference geographically.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
A decent version of the recent developments of the conference alignments can be changed as follows...

*Trade Nebraska with Northwestern (places Nebraska in the Big 10)

*Trade Northwestern with Utah (Not the Pac 10, but moves Utah to a BCS conference)

*Trade Northwestern with Boise State (moves Boise State to the MWC)

*Trade Northwestern with Tulane (geographically repositions Northwestern)

*Move Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada from the WAC to the MWC for 3 lower prestige teams (Look at the teams that actually moved from WAC to the MWC)

There are a few other moves that I like to do that aren't necessarily realistic (yet), but add to a dynasty. I like to move Notre Dame to the Big East for South Florida. Next, trade South Florida with BYU (this will make a realistic move by making BYU an independent school). Finally, trade South Florida with SMU or Tulsa of Conference USA's western division and swap South Florida with Southern Miss to correctly align the conference geographically.
This all sounds pretty good. I like how you actually pay attention to the geographics. A lot of ppl i see are switching the whole conferences, which makes no sense to me. Thanks, I'll try this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »