Home

What team should I follow?

This is a discussion on What team should I follow? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What team should I follow?

I think the decision has a lot to do with what kind of offence you want to run and what offences the game actually represents well...

Air Raid, Run and Shoot, Pro (West Coast) all work well...

Spread, Spread Option, Pistol don't work as well in this title...

It also depends on how many years into the dynasty you see yourself playing...

I like to pick solid sophmore QB's to get three good season out of...

My favorite is the Run and Shoot with SMU...great soph QB, super fun offence...

Or, since you're a NYG fan, you could roll with Eli's Ole' Miss college team or Tom Coughlin's Boston College roots...
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #10
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

COMPLETELY disagree on the spread not working....WTF?

@AdamdotH
Old 12-18-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1

South Carolina.
SEC team, big nice stadium, only a 3 star prestige team so you can build them up, but has the all important Florida as a pipeline state.

Also the offense is set for the next 3 years at least with Stephen Garcia/Connor Shaw(Both are dual-threat, Shaw is a true freshman and a lot faster) at QB, Alshon Jeffery at WR, and Marcus Lattimore at RB(best RB in the SEC as a freshman).

Rivals are Georgia, Florida and Clemson(The Battle Of The Palmetto State).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

I just want to thank everyone for all the replys, sorry for not getting back to you all quickly.

I watched most of last season and the start of this season on ESPN america but since my box broke I couldn't. I've seen South carolina a few times, but isn't lattimore a freshman this year? Meaning he wont be in my game (ncaa 10).

And to the guy who posted info about LSU, thank you. I like that the stadiums take effect in this game and the fact LSU has such a stadium means I may go with them.

And to the guy @ 1 star teams. I like the idea of that, however if I was to do that I would just teambuild a team prob.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

I ended up using primarily five teams in dynasty in 10

Wisconsin because I go to school there. We've been a fairly successful team in recent history (don't have much tradition before the 1990s though), Camp Randall has a great atmosphere, and you'll play some snow games that you probably aren't gonna see as LSU, and snow football is fun. We run a power running game, a very old school style offense, it's a real nice change of pace from all the spread all over the place.

Georgia Tech because they run the triple option offense out of the flexbone. The triple option in 10 didn't have the right reads, but it's an absolute gas to run. It's been fixed in 11, but I've been having a much harder time getting it to be successful.

Cal because Jahvid Best is an absolute beast in 10. He's since gone on o the NFL, so there's no real reason to stick with them in 11, I haven't.

Mississippi State, because they have the best spread option playbook in the game, and it's fun to try to build what's traditionally been an SEC doormat into a strong program.

Air Force, because their playbook is incredibly diverse and really fun to run, and there's just this aura about the service academies that I really like.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
I ended up using primarily five teams in dynasty in 10

Wisconsin because I go to school there. We've been a fairly successful team in recent history (don't have much tradition before the 1990s though), Camp Randall has a great atmosphere, and you'll play some snow games that you probably aren't gonna see as LSU, and snow football is fun. We run a power running game, a very old school style offense, it's a real nice change of pace from all the spread all over the place.

Georgia Tech because they run the triple option offense out of the flexbone. The triple option in 10 didn't have the right reads, but it's an absolute gas to run. It's been fixed in 11, but I've been having a much harder time getting it to be successful.

Cal because Jahvid Best is an absolute beast in 10. He's since gone on o the NFL, so there's no real reason to stick with them in 11, I haven't.

Mississippi State, because they have the best spread option playbook in the game, and it's fun to try to build what's traditionally been an SEC doormat into a strong program.

Air Force, because their playbook is incredibly diverse and really fun to run, and there's just this aura about the service academies that I really like.
After what you said I'm going to run with Missisippi state to see how I feel. However, can you explain what the spread option is and why its so good? I normally watch pro football you see lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l
After what you said I'm going to run with Missisippi state to see how I feel. However, can you explain what the spread option is and why its so good? I normally watch pro football you see lol.
It is the spread with strong option elements, the best examples are; Florida, Auburn, West Virgina, Michigan and Mississippi State.

Heavy use of the zone-read(double option), jet-sweeps, and generally also very QB run heavy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
COMPLETELY disagree on the spread not working....WTF?
I was referencing this:

The thread is a long one, but very interesting:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-logic.html

You may disagree, as is your perogative...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »