Home

Heisman Cheating

This is a discussion on Heisman Cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Heisman Cheating

Okay we all know that the computer cheats on Heisman difficulty weve been used to it on the field for years now.

But in recruiting where the computer controls 95% of what will happen how can you recruit effectively?

75% of recruiting is initial interest. If you aren't in the top 5 no one above you can recruit this guy even at week 9 when you've been recruiting him all year someone can hop on him late and snatch him away.

15% the pitches that they give you. You don't pick your own pitches and on Heisman you have one shot to adjust the pitch then you just have to deal with the russian roulette.

5% Is you knowing when to NOT recruit someone and spend your time elsewhere its the only thing you have at your disposal.

Now recruiting works better and some schools and worse at others but all in all you really have to hope the computer gives you the players that you need. Thats not good recruiting at all.

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Heisman Cheating

I dont think the computer cheats on heisaman at all. alot of people who are not used to the competitive play of it use that as an excuse imo. I used to think the same way until i found the right set of sliders to use to get mme adjusted. now I find myself making them harder becaus mey skkill level is getting better. as far as recruiting I feel like they are much better than last years game. I like the fact that I with noyre dame cant go out and sign the top ten recruits in the country. if u recruit outside of a pipeline it is alot harder to sign that recruit. building pipelines with having to grab those lower teir recruits to land a state is much more realistic. why should someone with a program like rutgers be able to recruit with teams like osu. I am using rutgers in my league and am now in year four being able to sign quality recruits. very realistic imo. sorry I am typing this on my phone
Old 12-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Agreed. Check out the thread on Heisman recruiting in here. I had two classes in the 80s but then I read over that thread and used what it said...my most recent class was ranked 33rd. It works, but it's hard like it should be. ALso, on heisman level with playmakers sliders i'm more interesting than ever, now starting my 4th season. I've never still been interested after one!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I use Michigan but in four years of recruiting on Heisman I have always had a Top 10 class and I'll get 2-3 5* kids as well as quite a few four and three star kids. If someone doesn't like it being as hard as it is you either need to get better or simply use an easier recruiting difficulty level. Why bitch about something that is completely within your control? Since the op is banned I guess this falls on deaf ears.

I certainly hope they don't make Heisman recruiting easier next year. Imo, this level is aimed at the guys who want to use their favourite team but have been hesitant in the past because those teams are boring to use. But in 6 years I have won the national championship once and I still struggle against top notch teams because my team is really good but not stupid, ridiculous good like the past.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't even use Heisman and find AA recruiting to be a nice challenge. In my OD there are 12 of us and our recruiting ranks are all over the place, anywhere from #9 to #96. I'm on year 4 with Utah State and have had just one winning season and really feel like I'm battling to pull a bad team out of the toilet. In years past it was a very sequential process of climbing to the top where you would stay. This year's game feels like you can easily have your team fluctuate just like in real CF. Bravo to EA for this year's recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »