Home

Surprising Heisman decision....

This is a discussion on Surprising Heisman decision.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Surprising Heisman decision....

Yeah there's always some strange Heisman decisions, I set the NCAA single season rushing mark with over 2,700 yards and 20 TDs, and was never even mentioned as a candidate because it was with a MAC school. I'm fine with that, reminds me of when Troy Davis from Iowa State was killing it but didn't get much recognition (although he did finish 2nd in '96). Even though ISU is in a major conference, they lost like every game. I was just surprised I never even cracked the top 5 in the Heisman race.

On a side note, I noticed a vote that was decided by 1 point, 1624 to 1623. Don't remember who the players were but it was pretty cool.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

ive had some crazy decisions in RTG. I was making a wr he had like 5968 rec yards and 72 tds and he lost to his own qb who only had 7309 pass yards and 77 tds. RtG is so redicilous becuase you have to put up crazy numbers to get the points

Last edited by untrugby; 12-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Doesn't seem as though there's a firm answer on this. I've decided I'm going to prove to the fictional committee just how wrong they were. Just managed to convince him not to leave as a red shirt sophomore, and seeing as the Big 12 south, with the exception of myself and Texas, completely sucks - I'm going to schedule myself a bunch of FCS schools, never ever sub Williams out, and generally do everything possible (other than change difficulty) to put up the most ridiculous numbers possible. That seems like a proportionate response! I'll keep you posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Doesn't seem as though there's a firm answer on this. I've decided I'm going to prove to the fictional committee just how wrong they were. Just managed to convince him not to leave as a red shirt sophomore, and seeing as the Big 12 south, with the exception of myself and Texas, completely sucks - I'm going to schedule myself a bunch of FCS schools, never ever sub Williams out, and generally do everything possible (other than change difficulty) to put up the most ridiculous numbers possible. That seems like a proportionate response! I'll keep you posted.
theyll probably give the heisman to the WR you throw to the most, that happened to me before. Make sure and spread out your targets
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
I consistently see the questionable Heisman winner and have been on both ends of the result.
So. WR won it as well as Belitnikoff one year and I was shocked. Had hovered near top most of second-half of season and had excellent but not unrealistic (i.e. overused user, lol) statistics.
Couple of seasons back my So. QB won it -- might debunk the So.-coming-back-next-year theory -- with, again, excellent but not overused numbers (I had 1st and 2nd string stud HBs so had a really balanced attack).
I've read in previously posted posts that this might be a key.
However, there's still some unbelievable randomness to the 'voting.' That same QB, who was injured for season 3 minutes into Jr. year, led Heisman race from about wk 7 on. In SEC title game Bama was stuffing my run all game and 'he' ended up throwing for 400+ in the win. Oops. Guess who won the trophy? A HB from OU that finished 2nd in the Walker voting and even had the fewest yds from scrimmage of the top 5 rushers in the voting.
It's so screwy I have quit worrying about it. I've got a QB and WR in the running this season, so I'll see how just playing to win affects the voting (i.e., take the starters out when I should, crossing routes to move the chains instead of audible-fly routes, running to burn clock, etc.)
For what it's worth, the QB just won the Heisman — following a 301 yd 3TD passing, 67 yd 1TD rushing, MVP day in SEC championship — w/ 3,173 yds passing, 165 rushing, and a Cam Newton-esque 57 total TDs. My WR was 3rd. Maybe 'realistic' stats are the key?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
Rookie

On NCAA 07 I put the diff on Freshman, just to get the achievement, i had 90 TDs passing and 10 rushing TDs. I lost the Heisman to D. Bess, WR at Hawaii, who had good numbers for WR but where the same as Fitzgeralds and Crabtrees numbers that they did not win.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #15
Rookie

WarCamEagle2's Arena

OVR: 0

The Texas Tech guy shoulda won.... he had 200 more passing yards than Cam this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I've managed to put on these numbers with my QB, using the following philosophy:

Schedule the worst teams possible.
Never call a run play where the QB is not at least an option. Ever.
Never stop running up the score. Ever.
Never kick. Ever. = at least 33% more plays for my QB, and I was never really in danger of losing.
Play on Heisman. Otherwise its just cheating :-P

Read it and weep, Heisman voting committee.

Passing:

263 of 442 for 5970 yards, 55 TD's and 10 interceptions

Rushing:

230 attempts for 1684 yards and 34 TD's

BOOM. Totally worth it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »