Home

Plays Missing in Multiple Defense?

This is a discussion on Plays Missing in Multiple Defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Plays Missing in Multiple Defense?

I'm very curious about something I noticed last night. I play both in an online and offline dynasty. In my offline dynasty, I am Georgia, and am (naturally) unbeatable. I do have good games, but the talent level of the team makes it possible to pull-out games in the end if need be. In my online dynasty, I accepted the challenge of building up Vanderbilt against some real giants (USC, UCLA, Ohio State, UGA, AL, etc). In 2 seasons, I've taken Vandy from a 2-star to a 4-star team, and look to progress again as I am 5-2 and ranked 16th in season 3. I run the same playbooks in both, specifically so I can use my offline dynasty to gain familiarity with the playbook I use online without spending countless hours in practice mode. Yes, the talent level is different, but I get a better feel of how to find plays quickly in a game situation.

Now, here's an interesting wrinkle I noticed last night in a 49-7 destruction of South Carolina with UGA:

Even though I run the Multiple Defense playbook in both dynasties, there are plays that exist for UGA that do not exist for Vanderbilt. I'm trying to figure this out. I understand that there are plays in the UGA I-Form Normal that aren't in the LSU I-Form Normal. That makes sense to me. Those are two separate playbooks. However, if you run the "Florida" playbook while using UGA or LSU, you will have the same plays for either team. I would think the same would be true for defense. If you run the 4-3 or the multiple for ANY team, the plays should be the same.

So, I'm trying to figure out why it isn't. Has anyone else experienced this? I like blitzes, but in my Vandy dynasty, there are some which don't appear. I'm curious as to whether this is because I am a much lower star rating than with UGA (currently 6-star). Does going up in star rating open new plays in the playbook? Anyone know anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Plays Missing in Multiple Defense?

maybe some more info on what plays are in one and not in the other would help
Old 12-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

I run the Multiple D in 3 different ODs with 3 different teams. I haven't noticed any difference in the playbooks between the 3 teams (Clemson, Oregon, Purdue).

Maybe it has something to do with going between offline and online...?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd guess that you're just mistaken and haven't seen the missing plays with the other team. It's 1 playbook and the plays won't be different depending on which team is using it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I just wish the Multiple-D has a 4-2-5 D in it, I like having a little of everything. I switch between those 2 playbooks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »