Home

Recruiting difficulty

This is a discussion on Recruiting difficulty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Recruiting difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
For a big time program Heisman is really good. It's necessarily tough. I don't know how that level translates to the smaller schools though.
Its realistic, I play with CMU and can still get 3*'s which is what it should be. I can occassionally land a 4* if its in state and has an opening right away. IMO there are not enough 2*'s in relation to 3*'s. I can fill a class of 15 on Heisman with all 3*'s and that seems a bit unrealistic as I should mainly be grabbing 2*'s.

To counter this I mainly recruit guys who at the beginning have me as a top 5.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

All-American has been pretty good for me. I get some and lose some recruits. Bama kicks my butt in recruiting
Old 12-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

I been using AA, now that I started dynasty with Oklahoma I'm trying Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
I have a question about recruiting. You are recruiting certain people during the seaon. At the end on the season when your in the off season, in the 5 week span, you might get a couple of 5 or 4 star players (depending on what school you use) out of the blue who are interested in signing. My question is, where do they come from? A recruit who may have backed out of signing with another school or what?? Also, when it says signing walk ons, why is it we never get any walk on players?? Or do we and I'm missing something?? Just kind of curious
They're supposed to simulate "under the radar" recruits who explode in the state playoffs, but it's horribly implemented. Instead of just gradually adding some recruits weekly, they add about 150-200 recruits in the offseason.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
They're supposed to simulate "under the radar" recruits who explode in the state playoffs, but it's horribly implemented. Instead of just gradually adding some recruits weekly, they add about 150-200 recruits in the offseason.
Agree, why not take some 2*'s and move them up to 3*'s or 3*'s to 4*'s. There is no way in real life some 100 players just go under the radar to become 4 & 5 star recruits. I really hope EA decreases the number of 1*'s and increase the 2*'s & 3*'s. These are the back bones of recruiting.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I would also bet these are guys that got thrown back into the recruiting pool after not getting an offer from the team they originally had listed among their top choices. Towards the end of the regular recruiting period I'm almost always releasing 1, sometimes even 2 guys after getting my preferred recruit at their position.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
I have a question about recruiting. You are recruiting certain people during the seaon. At the end on the season when your in the off season, in the 5 week span, you might get a couple of 5 or 4 star players (depending on what school you use) out of the blue who are interested in signing. My question is, where do they come from? A recruit who may have backed out of signing with another school or what?? Also, when it says signing walk ons, why is it we never get any walk on players?? Or do we and I'm missing something?? Just kind of curious
Others answed question 2. Regarding walkons, they are added if you are below the minimum required number of players for that position. For example, fullbacks the minimum is 2. If you have less than 2 it's usually better to convert a TE/HB to FB so the walkon is not added to your team. Once the walkon FB is added, you're stuck with him since you can't change positions anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

Heisman is the best imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »