Home

Patches / Play Recognition

This is a discussion on Patches / Play Recognition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9
Patches / Play Recognition

What is the easiest way to help QB run game stats? To do all the editing to rosters that is needed would take a while. How much does deleting patches help? I don't play with dual threat teams but would like sim stats to reflect Newton , Robinson, etc............Or any other suggestions................Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Patches / Play Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
What is the easiest way to help QB run game stats? To do all the editing to rosters that is needed would take a while. How much does deleting patches help? I don't play with dual threat teams but would like sim stats to reflect Newton , Robinson, etc............Or any other suggestions................Thanks
I have just finished my first season while playing without the patches but keep the tuner set. The game plays 100% better. I use Playmaker sliders which can be found in the slider section. I'm also using the roster file Shakeandbake30 (360). I was able to make a dual-threat QB work but I controled them. As for the cpu the sim stats were not as good. Kyle Parker had the highest rushing yards of the cpu QB's at 697yds. I messed around with coaching philophy settings but that didn;t seem to help much.
Without the patches game play feels better IMO but sim stats didn't change much. I don't really put to much value in them. The dual-threat QB was toned down between the demo and street copy of the game. Then with the release day patch the QB contain for DE's was amped up. I have had the cpu controled Newton and Robinson have big games against me but all were in "Play Now" games.
There was a thread a few weeks back about how much some of the ratings effect how much and how well the dual-threat QB preforms. You have to have awr between 70-77; speed, acc & agl in the 90's; strength in the 90's; all the running ratings (trucking, carrying, elu, juke, spin, stiff arm, bc vision) in the 80's to 90's. Then you will see a complete differance. Like you said it takes time to edit each dual-threat QB. Then after 4 years you go the created recruits which will not be the same.
You really have 2 options if you want the dual-threat QB. First is go back to NCAA 09 where QB's ran like crazy. Second just play the game with or without patches and enjoy. The second is what I have done. I can live with sim stats not equal to real life stats. It is a video game after all.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

What are some major differences in pre and post patch gameplay for offline cpu vs human gameplay only?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
What are some major differences in pre and post patch gameplay for offline cpu vs human gameplay only?
Play-action can be ran without the d-line in your back field before the QB turns. Read plays can be ran without the DE's crashing on every play. I run it about 12 times a game. The cpu runs option plays better. Still want see QB's like Newton kill you but will make some plays. The "superman" LB's are toned down so you can throw over the middle as long as you are not throwing balls on a rope. The overall feel is better.
Keep in mind there were some issues out of the box like zone D and lack of the dual-threat QB's tucking and running. I can look past those things if the overall game plays well. The issue I have with zone D is the players will not account for a man in their zone. It is like the DB's will allow the player to catch the ball then try and make a big hit. The logic is off. I am able to run zone about 40% a game and have some success.
As for the lack of dual-threat QB's using their legs, I play in the Big-12 with the only school that has a true dual-threat QB, Taylor Martinez. I saw some better play in "play now" games when facing a QB like Newton, Robinson, or Nesbitt. Like I said before the sim stats will not equal real life numbers unless you make ratings edits to the QB's. There was a thread I spoke of started by Gotmadskillzson from a few weeks back where he got a QB to rush for 1,000 yards+ in sim stats. I followed that thread everyday and tried out the changes they found but the QB's become beast. I was getting ran over in "Play Now" games with these guys. It just didn't feel right for some reason. It was like they all turned into Hershall Walker and all my players were Bill Bates (the famous photo of Walker running over a Vols LB, Bates). Little "Shoe Laces" should not play that way.
One of the biggest issues in this game is how the defensive players react. They read plays before they happen. They take perfect angles. they react to the ball in a way that very few players can. With the rise of online human vs human play the NCAA team took the approach of trying to prevent the D from getting ripped a new one. When they did this it hurt the human vs cpu offline games. Since the ratings have a minimum that they can go to before the players become non-functioning you can only lower them so low. I tryed a roster file that a guy had done where he lowered ever players play recognition rating by 30 points or so. The D was out of position almost every play. You would see CB's chase WR on run plays when the RB would break into the secondary. Players would have good coverage but allow the ball to pass without making a play for the ball. It was like they were frozen. On blitz plays the blitzing player would be in position to hit a RB in the back field but would run right past to the QB. This is fine if it is a pass play but not on a run play when they could make the play. I have read where people say the rating scale is a 70-100 scale, which does apply to some ratings. Then there are some that seem to be on a 60-100 scale. With such a small scale the players will all react about the same way. I wish that the NCAA team will open the scale up to a 0-100 scale and they go back and look at NCAA 09 to see how you had to account for all 7 skill position players.

Playing without patches have helped gameplay some. I can enjoy the game but it still needs improvement. This is the best we will get for this year. I'm sure EA will improve this area of the game for NCAA 12. I just hope they make the game right and don't react when people come on message boards like this one telling them the game is broken. When people complained that the demo allowed QB's to run to much they made changes. I'm sure the SEC would have loved Newton toned down this year but that is not how real life works. The game needs wide open game play again.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Play-action can be ran without the d-line in your back field before the QB turns. Read plays can be ran without the DE's crashing on every play. I run it about 12 times a game. The cpu runs option plays better. Still want see QB's like Newton kill you but will make some plays. The "superman" LB's are toned down so you can throw over the middle as long as you are not throwing balls on a rope. The overall feel is better.
Keep in mind there were some issues out of the box like zone D and lack of the dual-threat QB's tucking and running. I can look past those things if the overall game plays well. The issue I have with zone D is the players will not account for a man in their zone. It is like the DB's will allow the player to catch the ball then try and make a big hit. The logic is off. I am able to run zone about 40% a game and have some success.
As for the lack of dual-threat QB's using their legs, I play in the Big-12 with the only school that has a true dual-threat QB, Taylor Martinez. I saw some better play in "play now" games when facing a QB like Newton, Robinson, or Nesbitt. Like I said before the sim stats will not equal real life numbers unless you make ratings edits to the QB's. There was a thread I spoke of started by Gotmadskillzson from a few weeks back where he got a QB to rush for 1,000 yards+ in sim stats. I followed that thread everyday and tried out the changes they found but the QB's become beast. I was getting ran over in "Play Now" games with these guys. It just didn't feel right for some reason. It was like they all turned into Hershall Walker and all my players were Bill Bates (the famous photo of Walker running over a Vols LB, Bates). Little "Shoe Laces" should not play that way.
One of the biggest issues in this game is how the defensive players react. They read plays before they happen. They take perfect angles. they react to the ball in a way that very few players can. With the rise of online human vs human play the NCAA team took the approach of trying to prevent the D from getting ripped a new one. When they did this it hurt the human vs cpu offline games. Since the ratings have a minimum that they can go to before the players become non-functioning you can only lower them so low. I tryed a roster file that a guy had done where he lowered ever players play recognition rating by 30 points or so. The D was out of position almost every play. You would see CB's chase WR on run plays when the RB would break into the secondary. Players would have good coverage but allow the ball to pass without making a play for the ball. It was like they were frozen. On blitz plays the blitzing player would be in position to hit a RB in the back field but would run right past to the QB. This is fine if it is a pass play but not on a run play when they could make the play. I have read where people say the rating scale is a 70-100 scale, which does apply to some ratings. Then there are some that seem to be on a 60-100 scale. With such a small scale the players will all react about the same way. I wish that the NCAA team will open the scale up to a 0-100 scale and they go back and look at NCAA 09 to see how you had to account for all 7 skill position players.

Playing without patches have helped gameplay some. I can enjoy the game but it still needs improvement. This is the best we will get for this year. I'm sure EA will improve this area of the game for NCAA 12. I just hope they make the game right and don't react when people come on message boards like this one telling them the game is broken. When people complained that the demo allowed QB's to run to much they made changes. I'm sure the SEC would have loved Newton toned down this year but that is not how real life works. The game needs wide open game play again.
Everything sounds good but the CPU RB always running towards the middle of the field and not following blocks, and the atrocious deep ball defense prepatch is what ruined the game before the patches...There was a roster put out that lowere every defensive players play recognition and it seems to help a bit..I edited the roster even more and now I am getting good realistic games...The game pre-patch was good but like I said those issues killed it for me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Everything sounds good but the CPU RB always running towards the middle of the field and not following blocks, and the atrocious deep ball defense prepatch is what ruined the game before the patches...There was a roster put out that lowere every defensive players play recognition and it seems to help a bit..I edited the roster even more and now I am getting good realistic games...The game pre-patch was good but like I said those issues killed it for me..
I have not see the cpu RB's always running toward the middle or not following their blocks. I play with Playmakers sliders and you have better get your run D in order or you will get killed. As for the deep ball, I have seen bad WR's play like bad WR's when the ball is in the air and good WR play like good WR when the ball is in the air. There is nothing we can do about the players running to a spot and doing the stop and jump animation. I hate that but I saw that with the patches.
I tried the roster file you are talking about. At first I thought Gotmadskillzson had found something. I know it was not his file but was done with findings from his thread. I saw some great play now games and was getting ripped by guys like Nesbitt, Newton, and Robinson. The more I played the more I didn't like what I saw. I went back to the Shakeandbake30 roster file and was ok with what I saw. I can live with the lack of a true dual-threat QB in this game.
I will tell anyone that this may not be for you. If you enjoy the game the way you have then why change. I hated this game and had it in my car to trade in but decided to give it one more chance and now I can't put it down.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy

Can You Post The Rosters? Because I Don't Have Xbox Live

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »