Home

zone defense

This is a discussion on zone defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
zone defense

so i play with oregon online and they have not so good man cbs but better zone cbs
so i play zone and the qb rolls out and therese just gaping holes where the reciever is just wide open
what zones stop say a 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15
also for my man to man d any kind of rouote thats not a straght bomb my cbs get totaly bbeat on.. is that normal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: zone defense

Please use proper capitalization and punctuation, it makes things much easier to read. I really don't like zone defense in this game unless you have a really good Dline to get pressue while dropping 7. I prefer zone blitzing with my 335 playbook, you get good pressure while using the FS to cover up the areas that your blitzing players vacate. If you are having problems with the QB rolling out either contain with your DE's or blitz off the edge.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobufs
so i play with oregon online and they have not so good man cbs but better zone cbs
so i play zone and the qb rolls out and therese just gaping holes where the reciever is just wide open
what zones stop say a 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15
also for my man to man d any kind of rouote thats not a straght bomb my cbs get totaly bbeat on.. is that normal?
A complete zone D with the patches in this game is broken. DBs seem to run the opposite of where they should or not even pay attention to where a WR is running.

You may want to call a D that is man but with some zone coverages (there are alot of options in the 3-3-5). Also Cover 2 is a good option for 3rd and deep.

For me, I rarely ever move my coverage in. I leave the DB's as they are and dont jam becauase my DBs arent good at it and it has worked out for me so far.

Unfortunatly, the only DBs worth recruitng in this game, are ones that are good at man coverage
Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Agreed. Straight zone in this game sucks.

Corners will simply suck in to the epicenter of their zone and let guys run on by.

Zone blitzes can work against human opponents but are worthless against the cpu as even the worst cpu controlled QB is not confused by a zone blitz at all.

Even the safety zone over the top of say a man cover 2 sucks in this game. Even great safetys in this game are idiots. Never get beat deep but never make a damn play either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »