Home

Finally found that stud recruit

This is a discussion on Finally found that stud recruit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Finally found that stud recruit

I'm currently using Syracuse in a dynasty and I'm running a spread option offense, so instead of using Ryan Nassib as my QB, I looked for a scrambler QB that was fast enough to run the option but also a good enough passer to keep defenses honest. My fastest QB only had 76 speed, but I noticed that while all the other position players were listed as 40 overall QBs, my 5th string CB was a 50 overall QB, so I looked at his attributes. 89 speed, 83 THP, and 69 THA. So I decided to make him my starting QB going into the year. His throws are a bit sporadic, but the guy leads the nation in rushing TDs (and fumbles unfortunately) and is just outside the top 10 in rushing yards. He and HB Delone Carter have turned Syracuse into the #1 rushing offense in the nation and I'm currently 8-1 and ranked #25 in the nation. And the CB is only a sophomore so I get two more years out of him, and I'm hoping once I officially change his position to QB, he won't be shaken so easily because every away game (even against Akron) his routes are all squiggly's.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Nice story, I like how you talk about the guy as if he was a real life player. I love that about this game I feel the same way about my players. I love some guys and hate others to me that's what makes this game so great and fun to play. Doing and online dynasty with my bro and I think this is the longest we've played a football game in a long time! Usually we'd be done with football by now and playing hockey. I don't see us stopping any time soon.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had this one WR in my A&M dynasty come in at either 64 or 66 can't remember, and leave as Red-shirt senior 96 overall. He was a 4* with only offers from Arky and Kansas. I was thinking about cutting him too when i first got him, lesson learned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

This game is so great!

I just picked up a copy 2-3 wks ago at Target for $35. Loving it. What's the best is that, unlike Madden, I'm learning that I actually have to know my players. OVR and Potential aren't everything.

Playing a dynasty as Michigan, I found Denard Robinson kept getting hammered from the LE, play after play. I had reorg'd my depth chart to put Dorrestein in at RT as his OVR was an 86 compared to Taylor Lewan at 83 (custom rosters). After 2 games, I'm finding that OVR DEFINITELY isn't everything! My sacks have been cut in half.

It really opens up the dynasty mode, that's for sure.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

who knows how many terrible FS make great OLB

@AdamdotH
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
I had this one WR in my A&M dynasty come in at either 64 or 66 can't remember, and leave as Red-shirt senior 96 overall. He was a 4* with only offers from Arky and Kansas. I was thinking about cutting him too when i first got him, lesson learned.
Please tell me u purchased the max player progression thingy..
Old 12-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Please tell me u purchased the max player progression thingy..
maybe super high potential? i have never had a player improve that much though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I took over Washington State after starting my dynasty at North Texas. After Jeff Tuell graduated I was lucky to have Conner Halliday still around to QB year 4, but with Halliday in his Senior year, I recruited QB's hard.. After losing out on 2 4* guys I wanted really bad, I ended up landing 4-3* players all rated in the in the #20's in their recruiting class, these guy's all came in with Overall ratings from 64-66. One guy who was rated 64 Overall had 88 Speed, so I thought I would move him to HB. However after moving him around, I realized he had 77 KP and 75 KA, so I moved him to Kicker and he is a 75 Overall. I had a 79 Overall Kicker who was a Senior, so I am redshirting him this year. I am pretty excited to have now landed a very solid kicker who will handle all kicking duties for me for the next 4 years, being how everytime I try to actually recruit a Kicker or Punter I end up with 1*.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »