Home

Getting Started

This is a discussion on Getting Started within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #9
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ24966
I appreciate the tips guys, I'm sure they'll help out.

My kicking coverage blows, even on default sliders at varsity. I let the AI handle it earlier and Navy returned a kickoff for a TD... lol
Thats better than 11. There is no such thing as a kick return on this game.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm on PS3 and I had it hooked to my HD the other day and had the display issues, so I dunno about that.

As of now my main passing is cross routes and that sorta deal, that's about all I can hit. I did get a couple of good grabs against Ohio State earlier, which can been seen in the pictures thread.

Right now I'm trying to recruit some better blockers up front, Not getting nearly enough time to let guys get open, defense is all over me, Thankfully in my 2nd year Smith has improved a good deal on speed and I can either scramble for a few yards and get out of bounds or at least avoid it long enough to throw it away.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
Rookie

I swear this game is rigged, I can hang right with Ohio State, but yet can't move the ball against Syracuse but it's like they have a team full of Tim Tebow's and Cam Newton's...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Rookie

Deckster59's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds to me like you're not too familiar with WVU's offense. They are a spread team that utilizes short passing routes to open up space. Devine's only about 5'8" so its going to be difficult running inside with him.

Maybe play a game or two with Wisconsin or Stanford if running is your thing, you may enjoy that a bit more.

For reading defenses, my best recommendation is to call your play and wait at the line of scrimmage for 4-8 seconds. The Defense generally always tips what they are going to do.

For Example, if the Free Safety shades to the middle of the field and the Strong Safety walks up, they are in Cover 3. (Corners will generally back off as well)

If you have trips to one side and only 2 of the 3 receivers are covered, you can also determine zone coverage. I like to run Smash routes against Zone Coverage because you'll generally have someone open.

When on Defense, who do you control? Do you pay attention to the Offensive Sets and whats being called? For example, if the Offense has 4 WR's its generally best to run Dime or Nickel Coverage.

Just a few things I've picked up over the years.

NCAA: Texas Longhorns
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: Texas Rangers
MiLB: Round Rock Express
NHL: Dallas Stars
AHL: Texas Stars
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Old 12-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Yeah, I understand WVU consists of mostly short routes and that deal, I just can't keep up, I'm either sacked before guys get open or I throw it away. Maybe I'm just not meant for football games? lol
Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
Rookie

Ok, I've gotten most things working now, but special teams is still terrible. Pretty much any team will return any given kickoff for a TD... even if I allow the AI to do the play. Just now I was tied with LSU in the 4th and scored a TD... kick the ball off, returned for a TD to tie it up again.. I go back down the field, they stop me on 3rd down but I'm in field goal range, kick bounces off the bar and is returned for a TD as time expires...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »