Home

After 10 Dynasty Seasons....

This is a discussion on After 10 Dynasty Seasons.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #17
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: After 10 Dynasty Seasons....

I found it easy to return kick, i returned 5 of them and 4 punts in one season in my TCU offline dynasty. I usually go with Acc. then look at speed

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

The trick I found with punt returns is to run almost right at one player from the first wave. Since they are coming at top speed, they can't change direction fast enough to get you. After you pass the first wave, cut back. I haven't necessarily taken many to the house with this, but my return average went through the roof once I started.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've yet to have a kickoff return in 9 years, but did have one punt return for a TD in my 3rd year. I don't even know what happened but that mob of defenders after the first two guys just weren't there for once. I actually had blockers it was amazing.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't see how a punt return TD is possible. Most I can get is 14 yards, and I've been playing NCAA since it was born. This year's version is fun, but no punt rt TDs. Kick returns, I get 1-2 per season, which seems realisitic.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #21
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Punt returns actually are possible... Try getting used to making moves without making moves (LOL i know that sounds stupid) but left stick moves are the thing here. You need to head straight up the field to whatever side gets a good block and then keep cutting back to the inside wherever possible. At some point you ma see a hole or angle that you can take advantage of. Sometimes you have to make a man miss without the right stick. just out-agility him. Seems hard until you do it a few times then it almost seems realistic.

here is an example of a PR for TD. The key move is after seeing some green to the outside I set up a couple guys and just ran inside them with a superior athlete. No moves or anything.

Now this is a great team (SDSU in 2020) against a bad team (Air Force) so take it with a grain of salt. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying it's possible. I probably have 4-5 PR for TD in NCAA 2011.

LINK

-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Punt returns actually are possible... Try getting used to making moves without making moves (LOL i know that sounds stupid) but left stick moves are the thing here. You need to head straight up the field to whatever side gets a good block and then keep cutting back to the inside wherever possible. At some point you ma see a hole or angle that you can take advantage of. Sometimes you have to make a man miss without the right stick. just out-agility him. Seems hard until you do it a few times then it almost seems realistic.

here is an example of a PR for TD. The key move is after seeing some green to the outside I set up a couple guys and just ran inside them with a superior athlete. No moves or anything.

Now this is a great team (SDSU in 2020) against a bad team (Air Force) so take it with a grain of salt. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying it's possible. I probably have 4-5 PR for TD in NCAA 2011.

LINK

-
Yeah that's pretty much what I do.. I just returned my first PR for a TD in my teambuilder dynasty (10th season). I had one in my 3rd year but it was called back on a penalty. This last one was a 92 yarder that I took to the left when I caught it, then cut back to the right and the blockers lined up perfectly. I cut back left when I got to the punter to set up my final block and took it to the house. I wish I had the highlight for it, but it only showed the final 30-40 yards (damn PS3 cutoff replays). I just wish it was more realistic to make quick cuts and direction changes. Even with guys with high agility, it's nearly impossible to make a guy miss without completely losing all speed and momentum
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I just wish it was more realistic to make quick cuts and direction changes. Even with guys with high agility, it's nearly impossible to make a guy miss without completely losing all speed and momentum
Thanks a lot, guys. I keep hearing people talk about the cutback and I'm like "it's not possible in this game to cutback" (lol). But I hear you guys on the "dont use the right stick" strategy. It almost seems like a punishment, for using a move, you become an easy target. Gotta practice, I kno they're out there.

I'm still looking for that I-form 3 reciever set. I'm going with BYU's playbook as of now but it's got a funky ace form and I'm not gonna use it and the I-form is a Y-flex, which would be great if they had the regular Y positioning.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Thanks a lot, guys. I keep hearing people talk about the cutback and I'm like "it's not possible in this game to cutback" (lol). But I hear you guys on the "dont use the right stick" strategy. It almost seems like a punishment, for using a move, you become an easy target. Gotta practice, I kno they're out there.

I'm still looking for that I-form 3 reciever set. I'm going with BYU's playbook as of now but it's got a funky ace form and I'm not gonna use it and the I-form is a Y-flex, which would be great if they had the regular Y positioning.

On the moves.... You can use them sometimes but it just has to be in the right situation. At the beginning of the run, I recommend continually looking to cut back, get straight upfield. Go for a 10 yard return. If it works out to be more, then "bonus!" I'd say get 10 yards then look to make a move. Spin moves can sometimes get by 2-3 guys at once, so I try not to over-use it because it's kinda lame. Juking a guy occasionally is quite satisfying.

Florida Atlantic has a pretty cool 3-wide I-form set (I-Form: Slot Flex) that also has some pretty cool plays. I think it's a great playbook overall too especially if you love I-Form and power running.

Last edited by Hellisan; 01-10-2011 at 08:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »