Home

patches and playaction

This is a discussion on patches and playaction within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
patches and playaction

does deleting the patches help with the play-action, or is this just a placebo effect for the people that have done it?

I've heard that it does help with the play-action, but would love to hear from others as to whether this is true or not.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: patches and playaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
does deleting the patches help with the play-action, or is this just a placebo effect for the people that have done it?

I've heard that it does help with the play-action, but would love to hear from others as to whether this is true or not.

Thanks!
I have played 2 season now without the patches but keep the tuners. I can tell you it does help out big time. Other areas have opened up as well. I can now return kicks and the high jump gold medalist who play linebacker on this game are tuned way down. I don't think 20+ games is a placebo effect.
If you enjoy the game with all the patches then this is not for you. If you play online play this is not for you since you have to have the patches for online play. I only play offline, human vs cpu dynasty mode. Some of the glitches like the backward pump fake are not a issue since I don't do it and the cpu never would in the first place. I have only seen the missed filed goal and the kicking team get the ball back once, I was up by 40 and it was the 4th qtr.
For me the game was in my car waiting for me to swing by a Game Stop to trade it in. I had not played it since the last week in September. Something I have never done before. I have bought this game every year since 1998. I only play this game, Madden, and Choops2k8. Since removing the patches I have fallen in love with this game again. I have had a few people PM me about this as well who have found new love for the game. You can always try it and if you don't like then download them again. Just know that when you remove the NCAA 11 patch you remove all patches for all games. It took me less then 10 minutes to redownload all the patches for the other games I play.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Did you lose your saved highlights after deleting the patch? My highlights aren't accessible anymore. I also noticed the patch size was only 26MB when re-downloaded, but my original one was around 150MB.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

@jbrew -
since you've deleted your patches, have you had to change your sliders?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

i've deleted the patches and reinstalled them. There are definitely pluses and minuses to both. In regards to the PA, it does work better without the patches but can work with the patches if called at the right time and the D is not blitzing.

From what I have noticed is that PA works better, the D covers better and zone D can be used, and the QB actaully scrambles without hesitation when there is nothing open.

As for drawbacks, the major one for me, was that the LB's and DL's pursuit of the running game is horrendous. Numerous times I have seen defenders running in the total opposite direction of where the ball is. With the same sliders, with the same team, I was giving up about 14 YPC on the run. With the patches, I am now giving up a more reasonable 6.5 YPC. Granted my team is terrible at rush D but it was frustrating for me to see that I shouldve stopped someone after a 3 yard gain to see them rip off a 12 yard gain cause my LB ran away from the HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Guarantee...if yall want ot take the long time to do it, you guys would love this game if yall used the coaching sliders in dynasty. Playaction works when it should and overall the game is "new" to me. I love it, problem is, to get this result takes a bit of work. Heres to russ and his team fixing this reduntant issue
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Guarantee...if yall want ot take the long time to do it, you guys would love this game if yall used the coaching sliders in dynasty. Playaction works when it should and overall the game is "new" to me. I love it, problem is, to get this result takes a bit of work. Heres to russ and his team fixing this reduntant issue
Do you have to change the coaching sliders every year in dynasty? Or will they stay the same? I've done it before, took about an hour, but I don't think I'd like doing that every year in dynasty.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
Do you have to change the coaching sliders every year in dynasty? Or will they stay the same? I've done it before, took about an hour, but I don't think I'd like doing that every year in dynasty.
You only have to enter them once. I update the defensive aggression setting every year (doesn't take too long) but that's optional and only effects sim results.

Also, for those playing without the patch: How is the CPU running game? How is overall running from the spread/shotgun (particulary read options, counters and reverses ?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »