Home

Play the pass. In user vs. User

This is a discussion on Play the pass. In user vs. User within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
Rookie

UTVOL54's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Play the pass. In user vs. User

Thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

And another 'how to' pass defense question...
Read where programming a delayed bump-n-run tactic is:
- line up in a zone package (ok, I got this)
- audible to bump-n-run (oops. is this [for 360] Y then directional pad down?)
- audible to man (now I'm totally lost)

I see the possibilities of audibling to Pass, or Run Left/Right as listed above in previous posts, but I'm not with ya when it comes to BnR and audibling to Man.

'button' instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Okay that was kind of hard to read/understand, but I think I got you.

If you come out lined up in a zone, and want to switch to bump n' run (better known as press coverage for this game's sake), you can have them PRESS in zone coverage by hitting Y, then RS DOWN; however...if you want to switch to PRESS MAN coverage, you have to first audible to MAN coverage, then tell them to press (by hitting Y, then RS DOWN). I know you can set your audibles to whatever you want...but also there are generic audibles for each playbook that are already built in. Usually you audible by hitting X, then A,B,Y or the Triggers or something....BUT if you don't set your audibles (because I really don't), try to audible, then use the RS button directionally to get different generic audibles that are in the SAME formation you are currently in. So for instance-- you come out in a base 4-3 D, line up in a Cover 2, but change your mind and want them to MAN PRESS (bump n' run) the receivers; try hitting X, then I think it's RS DOWN (for the generic audible to man); after doing that successfully hit Y for a coverage audible, then RS DOWN again and you have switched from a 4-3 zone, to a 4-3 MAN PRESS.

God I hope that makes sense-- I'm not 100% sure about the generic audible call, but I do know you use audible with the RS to NOT change formations, but change the play type. Let me know how it works or if I can clarify any further.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

There it is!
Thanks. I was missing that I was changing the defensive 'play' ("X") when audibling to Man from Zone. I kept trying to find that switch as a Coverage ("Y") flip instead.
Best place to practice has been Practice mode since you have to run through all the buttons and sticks so much faster than in game mode. Was too tentative to try it in conference and BCS title games but will roll into new season trying that from the start.
Thank God for OS sport forums, the EA booklet is hardly a work of definitive information.
Appreciate the help...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »