Home

State of NCAA 11

This is a discussion on State of NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
State of NCAA 11

Ok, this isn't a thread to start negativity, this is an honest question about the worst issues in the game because I'm thinking of picking up the game again. I saw some people talking about run and chuck still being in and others talking about quarters defense with run commit. Now, I'm not sure if these issues were fixed with patches or tuners, but I am really wondering about the state of the game after all of the updates. I am most interested in online dynasty as I mostly play online, but what is the current state of NCAA Football 11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: State of NCAA 11

I don't play online, so I can't speak to any issues in that regard.

I'll just say it's a fabulous game, and I'm picky when it comes to games as I don't have a lot of time to play them. But this has been in my 360 almost exclusively since its launch, I like it that much better than Madden 10, NHL 10, NBA 2k10 and FIFA World Cup 10, games that I also enjoyed very much.

Biggest issues for me, just off the top of my head, is CPU pass rush being too strong on play-action passes and difficulty of running back kicks. There's other problems, but it's nothing I can't overlook.

Ultimately, that's what makes an enjoyable game, when you can live with its faults.

And this one is an absolute classic, from its fantastic graphics to its solid gameplay.

If you like college football, get it. Anyone who doesn't like this game, as far as I'm concerned, is just too hard to please.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Pros:
Graphics
Espn
Playstyles and No huddle
Better gameplay after patches and tuners
recruiting
Formation Subs
team entrances and bands
Dirty jerseys
Cons:
CPU reacts way too fast to every play
CPU possibly knows your plays
No consistent User pass rush or pressure and penetration
Robo QB
Zone plays give up alot of yards
No bull rush
No time for playactions and long developing plays
Bad commentary
No dreads or hairstyles
No Full Editing in Dynasty

The cons can be annoying at times, but the pros overcome it, plus sliders help. NCAA 11 is the best current generation football Ea has made.
NCAA 11 is the equivalent of the 49ers and Buccs. Good teams that is headed in the right direction and with a more few pieces(game features) would a playoff team(elite sports game).
NCAA 12 looks to be a elite game. NCAA franchise went having a lot of major needs to only needing a few more additions and improvements(Lions).
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i believe this game is very fun and hasnt lost my interest since the day it was released. My biggest issue with it those is the superman LBs that can seemingly jump 48" in the air...other then that, I think this game plays great.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

The game can be as fun as you make it. It is a video game after all. Yeah it has things that will piss you off but it is just a game. There are areas of the game that need some improvement. There is no perfect game. With some good sliders this game is very playable. EA gets hammered all the time about how they just don't care about the gamer. While that may be true I see them as a company that is trying. The game has improved and will continue to improve. It may not be as fast as some of us would like but it will get there. I like NCAA 11 more now then I did a few months back. I will tell anyone that has not played the game in a while pick it back up with an open mind and you will enjoy it. I am looking forward to NCAA 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

I also hear rumblings of comeback AI. How bad is that? I ask because I'm considering picking it up, or possibly trading for it. But I'm also considering just waiting until July for 12. But the risk there is if they screw up the game (like 05).
Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I haven't witnessed comeback AI on Heisman, and certainly not on All-American. I think people can have selective memory
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Come back AI is there, but it isn't that bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »