Home

Offline Dynasty Question

This is a discussion on Offline Dynasty Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

Scarecrow IzA G's Arena

OVR: 3
Offline Dynasty Question

Do you mass sub?, or do you only take out skilled players?. How about Defense?.

If so how big of a blowout does it have to be?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Offline Dynasty Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow IzA G
Do you mass sub?, or do you only take out skilled players?. How about Defense?.

If so how big of a blowout does it have to be?.
Mass sub: all the time, both offense and defense, usually in a blowout to start a drive if 1st in 4th qtr (i.e. I'll let my starters finish a 3rd qtr drive if it rolls into the 4th, but that'll be it then).

My reasons: initially, it was b/c I was convinced that playing time helped back-ups with progression in the off-season. I've never seen a definitive answer to that question (here in OS) so I partly still believe this. However, after TOO, too many injuries to starting HBs, QBs and DBs I'm always anxious to get those skilled starters out of the game. Played Bama in my Iron Bowl last night and had built up a 28 pt lead w/ a late 3rd qtr TD heading into 4th...Mass Sub! Don't want to walk into SEC championship game (and then, if win, BCS title game) having hurt a guy trying to keep a shutout w/ a 4-TD lead.
Some blowouts, played at San Jose State after the Bama win, I'll Mass earlier and roll down to 3rd string QB (true, Fr.; I do that often anyway, trying to split time b/t him and the 2nd string Sr. QB) and and 4th string HB (in both instances, holding on to my first thought that PT = even just 1 more progression pt in offseason training).
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Offline Dynasty Question

Since I use a lot of formation subs I tend to stay away from mass subs. I do take out all my starters. I don't like mass subs since you get guys playing positions that they have no business playing. Like a QB at WR or WR at DB.
I have found no evidence that playing back-ups helps in progression. I have seen the opposite. I had a HB that didn't play a single snap due to 4 other guys ahead of him. That means zero carries, zero yards, and I play every game so I know he never hit the field. He didn't red shirt. He went up 6 points in overall. I just finished my second season with Nebraska and I had 3 guys that were deep on the depth chart. Didn't see the field so didn't record a stat and was not red shirted. All 3 went up 5 points which was higher then the players that were ahead of them that started or played. None of the starters had a real high overall (ranged from 76-83). It seems to me that progression is random. I hate it when a guy that didn't play ends up rated higher then a starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »