Home

How to stop bunch trips formation

This is a discussion on How to stop bunch trips formation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to stop bunch trips formation

I've been having some trouble lately stopping pass plays out of bunch trips formations. The inside WR (usually a TE) is wide open about 90% of the time, esp on out routes and out and ups (wheel routes). Anyone have any luck stopping this? If so, please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How to stop bunch trips formation

Try coming out in a Man Coverage Nickel Defense instead of a 3-4 or 4-3. I noticed that sometimes the LB's or even the safeties really struggle to cover the TE especially if there's other WRs brushing coverage and throwing inadvertent picks for their TE. The nickelback (you're 3rd string CB) might be able to stay with him better on the wheel routes and such too.

That wheel route is tough to defend because it's a soft spot in both the Cover 2 and 3 (unless you audible someone to cover the Hook/Curl zone-- yes, the pink one); that's why I suggest a Man coverage. You could also try keying on the TE pre-snap (where you can pick if you think he's going to pass, or which direction he's going to run, you can actually key on a player as well from that same screen-- zone's will trend toward that player to help, etc).

Last edited by cOWASs68; 01-08-2011 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »