Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Hey 'Skillz...always a big fan of these observations...

I'm about to move on to Madden...

Before I get too deep into it, what adjustments should be made player / edit and slider-wise to get the most out of that title?

Thanks!!!
Far as Madden, I did the same thing for the QBs in that game. Slider wise you really going to have to lower down the defensive reaction time for passing and running.

That last patch Madden got completely over hauled the defense and made them across the board way too aggressive and made their reaction time way too quick.

I still SMH @ Madden for totally destroying game planning with one of their earlier patches. Before they messed it up, Madden was the shiznit once you did the game planning for all 32 teams offensively and defensively.

So in a lot of ways, Madden is way better with NO PATCHES.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #34
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Well, I think I will tackle the punt return game. So far I discovered one important thing. We have been looking at the blockers who cover the gunners the wrong way. They not blocking per say, that actually jamming the gunners.

So if you put their press rating at 90 and 95, give them some decent awareness, they do a whole lot better at containing the gunners.

Keep in mind people who play on special teams, a good number of them are 2nd and 3rd string CBs, FS and OLBs. By default their awareness is piss poor, press is piss poor.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #35
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Far as Madden, I did the same thing for the QBs in that game. Slider wise you really going to have to lower down the defensive reaction time for passing and running.

That last patch Madden got completely over hauled the defense and made them across the board way too aggressive and made their reaction time way too quick.

I still SMH @ Madden for totally destroying game planning with one of their earlier patches. Before they messed it up, Madden was the shiznit once you did the game planning for all 32 teams offensively and defensively.

Thanks for the quick reply...

AWR is my big gripe in both games...they let the new guys in with such low AWR (esp. at QB) that they play stupid and don't progress quickly or dramatically enough to get them up to the levels of the guys they back up or (eventually) replace...

Back to Madden:

I have all the patches installed and know that gamplanning is now broken as a result, but I'm prepared to live with it...

What range do you think the D Reaction setting should be for both the CPU and Hum?

So far my sliders look like this:

QB 30/55
PBK 45/50
CTH 45/45

BTK 20/35
RBK 50/60
FUM 50/50

PRC 25/60
INT 15/20
PRH 50/50

RRC 10/60
SHD 30/30
TCK 40/40

I've only run some practice session to get my playbook chosen, etc. and these play pretty good...

See anything that you'd suggest to get the best gameplay?

Thanks again!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

RRC, PRC and SHD for the cpu I got at 10 to 15. Mainly because the cpu dline come through on running plays to fast for my liking and they jump routes too often as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #37
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
RRC, PRC and SHD for the cpu I got at 10 to 15. Mainly because the cpu dline come through on running plays to fast for my liking and they jump routes too often as well.
Very interesting...

If I bump the CPU down to those levels, I imagine I will have to lower my blocking sliders to a bit to compensate, correct?

Continued thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #38
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I echo every sentiment in this post. I'm still using Patch #4 for Madden and GamePlanning had this game playing very well before it was ruined.

Madden plays pretty well with QBA very low and Pass Reaction Time very low.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #39
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Do you guys just use the 2 controller workaround for gameplanning in Madden? It's broken but easily fixed by loading gameplans with 2 controllers.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm not into the classic rosters, but I would love to at least try your rosters. They're only on XBox though, right?
If you want the same result with what he did I can give you a PS3 version. Look at my slider thread in the NCAA football slider forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »