Home

Haven'ts played this game in months...how did the game tuning feature turn out?

This is a discussion on Haven'ts played this game in months...how did the game tuning feature turn out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Haven'ts played this game in months...how did the game tuning feature turn out?

I got the game in July and loved it. The combination of work getting busy and a new baby hasn't given me a lot of time to play the game (please add in-game saves soon!).

I'm curious to know to the tuning feature work out. Did EA use it a lot to make the game better? How many patches did they end up releasing? I assume next I fire up the game I'll be prompted to upload the latest updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Haven'ts played this game in months...how did the game tuning feature turn out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
I got the game in July and loved it. The combination of work getting busy and a new baby hasn't given me a lot of time to play the game (please add in-game saves soon!).

I'm curious to know to the tuning feature work out. Did EA use it a lot to make the game better? How many patches did they end up releasing? I assume next I fire up the game I'll be prompted to upload the latest updates.
I think the finial number was 4 patches and 4 tuners. While the patches fixed some of the glitches and improved the game for some it killed the game for me. It just didn't feel right no matter what I did (sliders or roster edits). As for the tuners they improved the recruits, opened in-season progression (mostly in the awr department), and improved progression overall. If you have not played the game in some time then I would suggest you download the patches and tuners and see if you like it.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Haven'ts played this game in months...how did the game tuning feature turn out?

I think the game was most solid before the patches. The second patch improved improved the already awesome visuals by providing us with dirty uniforms. However, the improved visuals came with a price, most notably the pump fake glitch, killing the online playability, and making it my least favorite patch. I feel EA redeemed the game with the third patch, making NCAA 11 the best football game I have played to date.

Find a set of sliders that works for you, and this game is gold!

EA didn't seem to do much to utilize the tuners. It almost felt like a work in progress. I hope EA will work the bugs out and use the tuner feature to it's maximum potential next year.

Last edited by SECElit3; 01-09-2011 at 11:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »