Home

Ever do something awesome by accident?

This is a discussion on Ever do something awesome by accident? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4
Ever do something awesome by accident?

I did last night and did not realize it until the ESPN highlight showed it.

I was playing in my ULL dynasty and threw a quick slant to a wide receiver near the end zone.

The wr catches the ball about 3 yards short of the score and is immediately tackled but then suddenly I hear touch down as he is tackled down. I was like: Huh?

Then I realized that I pulled the left trigger and lateraled the ball to an o-lineman who rumbled in for the td.

If I would have tried to do it on purpose it would have failed a million times.

So anyone score or get a crazy big gain on doing something by accident?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Ever do something awesome by accident?

Actually last night

Im Nebraska Playing Texas Tech score was 44-42 and they were driving inside the 20 with 10 secs left and one timeout, easy chip shot. TT decides to run one last play. Chaos starts here.

QB drops back and i have a rusher coming off the edge, perfect hit coming. Qb breaks the tackle...dang it. QB throws into to double coverage, boom, interception!!! Until i get tackled and....fumble. Texas Tech picks it up runs to the goal line. Big collision and he's....short, time expires.

Definately one of the most fun i've had playing a game in a long time
Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was down big to a Pittsburg, so I started blitzing with my safety, trying to time the snap with a full head of steam. I got off the edge and as the QB turned around to toss to the RB I picked it off. Ran back for six. I was trying to only sack the QB but this was awesome. Lost 42-7 though.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Williams0907's Arena

OVR: 1

I was in four wide and my inside receiver on the right ran a hitch and as soon as he caught it he got hit and I didn't realize I hit the pitch button as I was just trying to do moves to break out and the outside receiver ran it 47 yards for a TD
Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my UK dynasty I was playing Tennessee. I just went down three scores after I threw a pick in the 3rd quarter so I started to go into desperation "big play" mode.

I was alternating between trying deep passes and then trying to catch the defense off guard with runs to the edge. I ran a WR motion option pass play, set up the defense for the run and the stepped back to pass. I see an outside receiver with the B icon coming across the field wide open, but I accidentally hit X to throw to a streaking receiver who is double covered. Morgan Newton lobs the ball like 35 yards. The ball seemed to hang in the air for forever while I'm doing my best Darth Vader "Nooooooooooooooo!"

My receiver is sandwiched between defenders as the ball comes down. The back defender leaps up and tips it, it falls into the chest of the front defender as he is trying to run and turn around at the same time. It bounces off of his chest as he flails for it and my WR snatches it, does a stumbling animation then suddenly I have control of him and am running for the end zone. I run 10 or 15 yards into the endzone with the two defenders right on my tail.

It was totally accidental and turned into one of the most awesome plays I've ever pulled off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP19
I was down big to a Pittsburg, so I started blitzing with my safety, trying to time the snap with a full head of steam. I got off the edge and as the QB turned around to toss to the RB I picked it off. Ran back for six. I was trying to only sack the QB but this was awesome. Lost 42-7 though.
I did something similar yesterday.

I was up 17-0 on Army early in the second half and hoping to put them away. I failed to score a TD on fourth and goal from the one. On their second play of the subsequent drive, I went to hit their QB as he ran option. The only thing is I overran him slightly and got between him and his pitch man. So, when he pitched it, I was in the perfect spot to intercept and the ball and his pitch went strait into my arms. I ran it in for the score.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

In my Notre Dame Dynasty i was playing in the Orange against the Gators after i came in and rebuilt the program.

I had the lead going into the 2nd half (0-17) but then they came back 24-17. So they just had INT me. Under 2 minutes left and they were driving on me but then they made a big mistake by lobbing the ball up to the endzone and my safety and corner was double covering their top Receiver. So my safety batted the ball down right into my Corner hands then i was able to get across the 50 yard line when they was hot on my tail and i accident pitched the ball to a teammate that was beside me and he got the TD.

LOL i was happy that i was able to beat them greatest moment of my life on this game lol

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Right place at the right time.

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

PSN - Soonerfan94

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »