Home

PBK/RBK v. PBF/RBF and RBS/PBS

This is a discussion on PBK/RBK v. PBF/RBF and RBS/PBS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
PBK/RBK v. PBF/RBF and RBS/PBS

Which is more important? I have a freshman guard with higher footwork and strength, but a sophomore with a high pass block and run block rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PBK/RBK v. PBF/RBF and RBS/PBS

I always wonder that to but IMO i always go with PBF/RBF and RBS/PBS because they can have good blocking but if they don't have good footwork then their blocking would be nothing

but that just how i see it.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Crap. Can't find it and I just printed it off from this site yesterday...

If I'm recalling correctly, though, you have to look at the footwork and strength grades more than the overall PBK and RBK ones. And, again if I'm right, the footwork grades reflect how a lineman will be when engaged with a rusher using a finesse move, while the strength rating shows how he'll be when engaged with a rusher making a power move.

I took the when engaged thing to mean that the lineman has to actually be blocking the guy. He's not going to magically accelerate out to the edge to utilize his PBS for a speed rusher OLB or CB, but if you or he engage the guy, then this comes into play.
Never knew all this, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks to whoever posted that in whichever thread I can't seem to find at the moment...
Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The 1st two blocking ratings are for SIM results....

The Footwork ratings and strength ratings play out on the field during actual gameplay.....

Also IMPACT blockig and Awareness is huge for Offensive Linemen.....

These ratings also make WR's and RB's much better in blocking for WR's they block down field better and for RB's they pick up blitzing LB's and DB's a lot better than default ratings

These ratings are the most underated ratings in the game and people don't actually get to see the beauty of pass blocking and run blocking unless the OL is smart and agile

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Crap. Can't find it and I just printed it off from this site yesterday...

If I'm recalling correctly, though, you have to look at the footwork and strength grades more than the overall PBK and RBK ones. And, again if I'm right, the footwork grades reflect how a lineman will be when engaged with a rusher using a finesse move, while the strength rating shows how he'll be when engaged with a rusher making a power move.

I took the when engaged thing to mean that the lineman has to actually be blocking the guy. He's not going to magically accelerate out to the edge to utilize his PBS for a speed rusher OLB or CB, but if you or he engage the guy, then this comes into play.
Never knew all this, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks to whoever posted that in whichever thread I can't seem to find at the moment...
You are 100% correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0

I've done a little fooling around with the Pocket Scout player calculator for recruiting, and it only takes into account the PBK, IBK, RBS, RBF, PBS, and PBF stats (along with 40 time, strength, etc.) when calculating potential ratings for O-line recruits. It shocked me a bit and completed realigned what I look at when recruiting linemen.

So, given my recent experience and (far more important) what the forum vets are saying, it seems like the strength and footwork values are far more important than the overall block values to determining the actual ability of an offensive lineman.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
Rookie

davemay135's Arena

OVR: 6

Huh? Pocket scout? Please inform an ignoramous on what this is.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0

Google it. It's an application that takes stats from the game and calculates an approximation of overall ratings on recruits. The full version includes a full player calculator and the ability to draw the information directly from your xbox 360 saves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »