Home

Sigh...time to up the difficulty level, I guess...

This is a discussion on Sigh...time to up the difficulty level, I guess... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0
Sigh...time to up the difficulty level, I guess...

I've never been great with actual player control, so for years I only played Madden, and that in coach mode with some other old guys like myself. However, when my roommate got NCAA 11, I gave it a shot and lo, I could actually win games.

Thanks to my lack of prior skill, I've only been playing on the Varsity setting. Recent events in-game have led me to think that maybe I'm ready for the next level. Taking a two-star school (Florida Atlantic) to a national title game is purely ridiculous. Howard Schnellenberger is a storied coach, but come on...

So, that said, does anyone have any recommendations on sliders/difficulty settings to get games at my house back to something resembling a respectable reality? I want to have fun, but I don't want to have stupidity in my games like inevitably open receivers on crossing routes or low-sixties-rated players winning the Heisman.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Sigh...time to up the difficulty level, I guess...

Try SEC's slider thread
Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rican-wip.html

i having fun using those sliders , so far i lost two games in my Michigan State Dynasty 1. West Virginia and 2. Nebraska and i had a Heck of a game playing against Michigan in my Dynasty.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Well if your on Varisty level already you should 1st try to adjust the sliders and see how things go without moving up to the next level and adjusting sliders....

I just figure if your playing Varsity on default already why not just checkout the slider forum and fire up some of the varsity sliders settings reccomended.

Varsity plays a lot different with slider tweaks.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Well if your on Varisty level already you should 1st try to adjust the sliders and see how things go without moving up to the next level and adjusting sliders....

I just figure if your playing Varsity on default already why not just checkout the slider forum and fire up some of the varsity sliders settings reccomended.

^^ This one's coming straight from the horse's mouth!

I'm kind of biased here as I've been using Playmakers' Varsity slider set with slightly tweaked settings to fit my skill level and preference since they came out. I was a little skeptical at first that I was only playing on 'varsity' level, but after playing with that slider set I was hooked. I can't vouch for another set since I've been using his since two to three days after release, but there are a variety of slider sets and classes in the sliders thread. I'd recommend you start there.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm with Playmaker and 65south on this one. Varsity level feels more fair where the higher levels feel like a tilted playing field. I started using Playmakers slider last year and love what I saw. Since every gamer is different you may have to tweak somethings to fit your skill. Sliders are a huge part in making the game play better and not using them in the right way can lead to those unrealistic moments. Things like what you are seeing. I have to adjust my sliders, based of Playermaker set, each season as my team changes. It keeps me from putting up 60+ each game.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Yes, I'll vouch for this. I was a hard sell on bumping down a level, but the slider adjustments on Varsity REALLY are responsive. After I got over my ego, I did the same thing on MLB The Show and am having a blast on 'Veteran' level. I think there's something to playing on these lower levels without all the "cheats" that are involved with the higher ones. Players play more true to form, in a sense.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
Yes, I'll vouch for this. I was a hard sell on bumping down a level, but the slider adjustments on Varsity REALLY are responsive. After I got over my ego, I did the same thing on MLB The Show and am having a blast on 'Veteran' level. I think there's something to playing on these lower levels without all the "cheats" that are involved with the higher ones. Players play more true to form, in a sense.
Sports games seem to all have "cheat" in the higher difficulty levels. I notice this with the show. Sliders are a much better way to adjust difficulty, especially since you can tweak just which aspects you want to be harder or easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »