Home

In Case You Forgot How Jacked Alabama Is...

This is a discussion on In Case You Forgot How Jacked Alabama Is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
In Case You Forgot How Jacked Alabama Is...

In case you forgot how jacked Alabama is in the base rosters, I thought I'd remind you. I simulated a dynasty (messed up and had the base roster, so simmed for 5 years) and Alabama started off with 3 straight national titles and didn't lose until the SEC Championship in year 4 to Florida. If that hadn't have happened I imagine they would have won a 4th straight national title over Notre Dame. Not that it was a big deal since in year 5 they beat Notre Dame for the national title to win 4 championships in 5 years. Just thought I'd randomly remind you.

Last edited by Noble Evildoer; 01-13-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: In Case You Forgot How Jacked Alabama Is...

Alabama is an everpresent force in my OD, yet hasn't won a NC yet. Year one was Boise State (CPU), then Texas (human) then last year Florida (human). They only made it to the year 2 NC game and lost a close one to Texas. But they're there always. They come in at #1 this year with a 33-game home winning streak.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

1 NC in 7 years in my current dynasty. They are a 5-star program for the last 2 years. Florida is dominating the SEC but I have a matchup this week as #1 Notre Dame (10-0) faces #2 Alabama (10-0)!!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Alabama is an everpresent force in my OD, yet hasn't won a NC yet. Year one was Boise State (CPU), then Texas (human) then last year Florida (human). They only made it to the year 2 NC game and lost a close one to Texas. But they're there always. They come in at #1 this year with a 33-game home winning streak.
That's funny since they are 1-8 all time against Auburn in Tuscaloosa.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm getting ready to stop being cheez-whiz and institute SEC's sliders (I think that's right, could be Playmaker's) at varsity level, but I can't tell you how many times my No. 1-ranked and now-6* Auburn (offline) dynasty team has met up with No. 2 Alabama in the Iron Bowl.
I sweat out a national championship match-up in the regular season far too often, then if I win, proceed into easier wins in the SEC championship and BCS game. One season eked out a 30-28 win over Bama (missed extra point -- thumb slip -- early, late-FG for the win) at home then shut out No. 2 Houston something like 63-0.
Started this season as #1 based off of last year's title and of the 15 recruits I put on my board (incl'g from pipeline states TX and CA), 10 had Bama listed as top or 2nd choice. "Search for recruits" function w/ me as Top School brought about a list of 4 who had me tops, and about a dozen who listed me as top-3.
Bama in this game is just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Alabama has won every single SEC title in my dynasty (5 of them).

Finally in year 6 they won't be winning one since my team, Tulane, has won the west.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Currently in year four of my dynasty as Georgia. Beat Alabama, barely, in the SEC championship year one where the time of possession was Alabama 7:17 Georgia 16:13. Year 2 they only lost the west because McCarron got hurt and they lost to Arkansas. Year 3 I lose to them in regular season 41-21 and in the SEC Championship 30-28 on their way to the National Championship. Starting year four they are ranked #1 and I have to play them week 6.

Their team is rated A, A-, A. Out of a 15 player freshman class 9 are rated 80+. And to top it off, they have 12 guys rated 90 or above and 3 that are a 99. It's absolutely insane how jacked their team is.

Come to think of it, it might be time for me to look for a new job, lol.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 01-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The reason for Alabama always winning is a ROSTER issue not a slider issue. NCAA rosters are always geared towards how a school was ranked last year. So therefore if they had a good defense last year, they will rate every defensive player on that team high just for that school can have an A in defense. Don't matter if they freshmen or not.

It is the same way with the offense. Over all it is like that for every big name school really. Damn near every big name school got players rated high regardless if they played last year or not.

Where as you look at the roster for smaller schools, damn near every body on their roster is rated in the 50s and 60s, regardless if they are All Americans, seniors or Impact Players.

Think I am lying ? Look at the rosters of San Diego, San Jose, FIU, UCF, FAU, Troy, Tulsa, UAB, NIU........Compared to the rosters of Alabama, Florida, Ohio St, Texas

It is beyond bias.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »