Home

Building a Better NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on Building a Better NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #73
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Building a Better NCAA Football 12

you know what. Throw my hat into the special teams mix. I'd really like to see it matter now. As it stands there's no fear of any type of block on punts or FG attempts, and the blocking on kicks and punts leave something to be desired.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 32
Great blog and comments thru all - Another thing I would love to finally see, id penalties. Other than holding and the occasional clipping call - I would love to actually see PI calls on both sides of the ball, as well as intentional grounding for a change.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #75
Rookie

ReadyForTheShow's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel that the playbook/play style should effect player progression, or atleast play a role. I think the offseason should have to parts of player progression such as a workout part and (don't have a name for the second) mode. Both of course being simmed like last(this) year but seperate so you can see the differences.

For example almost all or most athletes who play, train in specific areas such as agility, strength and stamina. These attributes would be effected by the workout portion. So core attributes like strength and agility would progress or regress as these are usually applicable for almost all players regardless of position.

The second part of training would be geared more towards the actual way in which players fit in each system. For example training for an Air Raid offense (Texas Tech) would see WR gain better route running, catching and other attributes that help with that offense. (QB's better throw power/awarness, RB's better catching) On the other hand an option team like Georgia Tech would see more focus on running back attributes etc. (QB's better elusiveness and other ball carrying skills, O-Line better Run Blocking etc.)

I blitzed (wasn't trying to make a pun or joke) through this and there maybe grammatical errors and such but I can explain more where/when needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1
DOUBLE HIT TACKLING!!!! THATS ALL!!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
Reading through these comments what with these simple minded wants? Facemasking, presentation.. how about FOOTBALL! That should be the goal! On the field make it play like NCAA FOOTBALL! Period! Allow me to play defense! 2 players to be able to tackle the ball carrier! Allow a Option Qb to RUN THE OPTION! All the game to be played like FOOTBALL! Once NCAA and Madden accomplish that, than give me a facemask and a good mascot... some of ya silly
Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Coaches. The abilty to see coaches on the sideline. Coaches need to play a bigger role. Along with Coaching Carousel. Instead of a possible AD mode, have a coach mode like in NCAA Basketball and CHOOPS. Starting out with low team and playstyle, and building your legacy(possibly imported to Madden). Coaches being fired. Emails from AD, players, recruits, scouts, coaches, and ESPN.
Little Things Chain gangs, More official booth reviews, More Emotion, More Cutscenes and Stat overlays, offensive and defensive lineups, team record for the last few years, team record against rival, half and post time shows, more celebration, more animations, Real time presentation, Better Commentary, Email, Reporters.
little things that are not "back of the box features" or commercial worthy, but makes a big difference
ex. Assisant coaches, presentation overlays, Half and post time show in NBA 2k11
Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #79
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
they also need to make the college atmosphere more authentic. They need to start getting more songs from schools with what they play during certain situations so we dont have to do it ourselfs. It doesnt sound as good then if they had it done. Bring back the camera shake, bring back the authenticity that makes college football so special. Players should have eye black, mouth pieces, you should be able to use both team colors for accessories, more types of cleats (think of how much just changing the cleats did for the look of the game), these guy need to look and move more athletically.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #80
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

.2 cents...

- I have my sliders set so the CPU actually has a decent running game. However, a lot of the time... the CPU will run up the gut and get into the second level. Meanwhile, my DL will break from his blocker, running up field but away from the ball carrier. It's like he has no idea the ball carrier just ran into him.

- I'm not sure what the gripe is about predictions. Herby and Corso make their predictions before every game. You just have to view info on the game first...

- Dynamic bowl patches and conference logos are definitely a must. Field, jersey, etc...

- Dreads and long hair would be great. I guess the NCAA has a problem with this? I don't know. It would be nice to be able to edit my players facial features and expressions.

- Kicker / Punter recruit ratings need to be adjusted. I'm pretty sure 90% of the other teams I play in Dynasty have a 60-68 rated Kicker. It's college; kickers miss PAT's frequently... but not THAT frequently. I guess I could fix this with sliders.

- Drop the nonsense parts of the game (i.e. Mascot Mashup).

- Fill up the sidelines. In RL the sidelines are packed with camera men, chain gang, reporters, coaches, redshirts, people with NCAA credentials, and random people. In NCAA 11 you see the team, some photogs, and then a vast space. Nitpicky, but still would help with the "experience of Saturday."

- It would be nice to see some 5-star and more 4-star recruits head to lower prestige schools. Let these teams have a chance to raise their prestige. Maybe a new college powerhouse can arise from the East Carolinas and Akrons of the world. You never know. I've seen NIU have some great seasons in my UConn dynasty, but in the end they're just going to keep recruiting lower-level talent, and get crushed by bigger FBS schools.

- Coaching carousel definitely a must, as well as coordinators. It means nothing to me if I'm offered the Alabama job at the end of a season. Why isn't Nick Saban there? They just won the Sugar Bowl, and he's been fired? Did he leave for the NFL again? What's the story?

- Give us Brent Musburger for BCS games, conference championships, and Top 25 matchups.

- Access to our offline Dynasties via internet. Stats, recruiting, historical stats from your previous seasons without having to save 500 different versions of your dynasty.

- News stories on top recruits signing and with whom.

- Have progression be more performance based in the off-season, with the possibility for the occasional radical progression. Maybe CMU's QB is a 77 OVR, but he has a stellar Junior season, is All-American and / or All-Conference, and an award semi-finalist. It would be cool if he got a random (+13) heading into next season, giving him a chance to be drafted.

- Give seniors the opporunity to progress after their final season and improve their chances at getting drafted.

I have other ideas, but not the time to write them.

Thanks for reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »