Home

Position Changes

This is a discussion on Position Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Position Changes

I'm curious if anyone has had success moving an athletic O-linemen to TE. I use Miss St playbook and do run slightly more than I pass, but typically like to stay pretty balanced on offense. Since I run the spread, I don't use the TE or FB much, but I only have 1 player returning at each of those positions. I signed the #1 FB and am still in the running for 2, 3* TE's, but am considering moving a tackle to TE for next year. The player I'm considering moving is a freshman this year being redshirted. Here are some of his ratings:
Speed = 71
Strength = 85
Agility = 50
Acceleration = 99
Catching = 72
Spectacular Catch = 22
Catch in Traffic = 45
Route Running = 37
Release = 22
All blocking ratings fall between 75 and 90, with the run block ratings higher than pass block. Any thoughts on how he will do at TE? The catch and speed ratings are what make me think it might work, but the bolded ratings worry me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Position Changes

Make the switch. If it doesn't work out, he is still a back-up lineman anyway and you can switch him back next offseason. Problem solved.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Position Changes

I would definitely use him. If you don't use your FB or TE much, then you don't need the good running abilities like agility. He will be a really good blocker to run behind on run plays. It's very impressive he has that 71 speed. If you do decide to use him more then you could use him for short yardage runs or like I said just run behind him!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree with BleedingGreen. If you have a number one TE already you could use him more when you have to pass. When you run it'll literally be like having an extra lineman blocking.

Another way to look at it, by moving him he almost has to be better than a walk-on you'd get. I made this mistake unfortunately. Didn't have a second TE and the guy they gave me came in at a 42 ovr!

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
I agree with BleedingGreen. If you have a number one TE already you could use him more when you have to pass. When you run it'll literally be like having an extra lineman blocking.

Another way to look at it, by moving him he almost has to be better than a walk-on you'd get. I made this mistake unfortunately. Didn't have a second TE and the guy they gave me came in at a 42 ovr!
every walk-on kicker I, or any other CPU team that I have seen, has kick power and accuracy in the 40's. I played boise state and they missed 2 field goals and every single extra point! It's ridiculous! My QB, among several others, has better power and accuracy then him!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South

Thanks for the tips everyone. That's a good point that he's got to be better than a walk on. I think I'm going to give it a shot for the blocking help, while I should have another TE I can use for passing situations and I have more depth along the o-line that it won't hurt me there.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Banned

great choice glad to have helped
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

After reading this I am going to go check out my O-Linemans stats. Because i have never moved 1 to TE or FB. Typically I will move guys from TE to FB and at BSU I moved a backup WR to TE who was 6'4 240. I have also moved backup QB's to RB/WR/TE similar to what BSU did with Legadu Nannee who now plays plays WR in the NFL for San Diego.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »