Home

Those with Madden and NCAA 2004

This is a discussion on Those with Madden and NCAA 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17
Those with Madden and NCAA 2004

Do you find yourself messing with right analog before the snap and running with the ball in NCAA? I really thought the playmaker control would be gimmicky but I have found it quite useful. Especially getting the hang of it to lead a blocker or flip the play call.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Those with Madden and NCAA 2004

Only use playmaker for flipping the play, so far. I always seem to get sacked when trying to change the WR route when scrambling. Back to the practice field.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I havent actually tried to use the right stick in NCAA yet but there have been times I wish I could have cheated my safetys over to one side of the field.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Only use playmaker for flipping the play, so far. I always seem to get sacked when trying to change the WR route when scrambling. Back to the practice field.

Same here, It really doesnt bug me much when playing Ncaa. I think playmaker is cool, but it would make ncaa way too easy.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #5
Banned

what does the right analog stick do in NCAA 2004 when you flick it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 05:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Use Playmaker for flipping runs and some limited use for lead blockers. Didn't really use it for Playmaker hot routes or Playmaker scrambling.

On defense, don't use it much at all, although it could be useful if you're sure of the run.

Will be good with NCAA but they need to tighten up the pass defense and make the pass rush less vulnerable to suction blocking as Madden has.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:30 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:

Lisa_Bonami said:
what does the right analog stick do in NCAA 2004 when you flick it?

It just makes a flicking sound.

Kidding... It does not do anything which is what takes getting used to. After playing a game of Madden and then putting NCAA in I find myself in situations where I would love to use it and by instinct I still try and use it.

Old 08-15-2003, 05:35 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:

wco81 said:
Use Playmaker for flipping runs and some limited use for lead blockers. Didn't really use it for Playmaker hot routes or Playmaker scrambling.

On defense, don't use it much at all, although it could be useful if you're sure of the run.

Will be good with NCAA but they need to tighten up the pass defense and make the pass rush less vulnerable to suction blocking as Madden has.

I am the same way on offense. Great for flipping plays and leading a blocker. It is hard enough for this old man to concentrate on the receivers patterns and the rush to even think about running playmaker with a receiver.

I do use it on defense to flip the secondary coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »