Home

How to stop 5 Wide Four Verticals

This is a discussion on How to stop 5 Wide Four Verticals within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to stop 5 Wide Four Verticals

This play is killing me online. I just played a guy who was 120-70 and literally ran this play and one other 5 wide pass play the entire game. Granted I was able to pick him off 3 times and beat him 42-28. None the less this play is annoying and the farthest inside receiver is open about 90% of the time. Anyone find an effective way to stop this play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How to stop 5 Wide Four Verticals

Have you tried man coverage?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Man coverage should work. If he is going to scramble with the QB, then put a guy spying the QB i guess. Man Prevent or something like that from Quarter.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought cover 2 man out of time would work best but that route from the inside receiver always works even if you sub in a CB for the MLB to cover that guy, you guys havent had problems with this play?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
Pro

Some kind of man coverage with a spy. Try to get bck and pressure that QB as much as possible, or sack him. Put you best lineman in front of your best linebacker to open a hole and go after that QB.

Just use some aggression with man coverage. You'll get blown apart if you don't use variety though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use this play out of the Multiple playbook, but don't cheese it like this guy apparently is. There are other analogues in a few shotgun formations, but the solution is always the same. He is waiting for the slot receivers to make a their cuts. To stop the inside man on the trio side, use a MLB playing short zone over the middle. 9 out of 10 times he can make a play on the ball if he can jump. To stop the shake/slant man, you probably just want to play bump coverage. Try 3-3-5 Cover 2 Man in practice mode and see if that works for you. The only reason I wouldn't play a straight zone is because if you don't get to the QB, you have 3 or more guys who are effectively eliminated from coverage by the seam routes and are outnumbered in the secondary.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Man Cover 1 Robber.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, a robber would be great if he's really impulsive because you can bait him easy and hopefully get a pick six.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »