Home

Have there been any tuning updates recently?

This is a discussion on Have there been any tuning updates recently? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Have there been any tuning updates recently?

Game seems to be playing WAY different as of late. As bad as the "mirroring" coverage has always been, it seems to now be extended to routes I used to like running like ins, outs, etc... Whereas slants are now completely covered in my game the vast majority of the time. Pressure by the cpu has also seemed to have been increased about double. In my league with adjusted AA sliders a guy got beat 82-55 by the cpu the other day.

I didn't notice a tuning update but just recently the game has played completely different. Did I miss it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Have there been any tuning updates recently?

I come here every day and have not seen anything about any new updates. I would assume the NCAA 11 is fading in the rear view mirror by now. I now in my offline dynasty I'm now in year 7 and the game is playing differently. The rosters are 100% created recruits. The number of star players has been reduced greatly. I went from 12 players with a 90ovr+ in year 5 to just 4 players now. Just a thought and have zero proof that is the case.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think so, but I can agree with you both. I too am 7 years into my offline dynasty and the observations you both have made are true. I don't know what it is or why. It doesn't make sense though, with the lack of "great" players it seems as though they are all over at CB and LB. I just keep adjusting sliders to try and make it work.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I don't think so, but I can agree with you both. I too am 7 years into my offline dynasty and the observations you both have made are true. I don't know what it is or why. It doesn't make sense though, with the lack of "great" players it seems as though they are all over at CB and LB. I just keep adjusting sliders to try and make it work.
I have had to make slider tweaks each season. I will agree that the LB's have way to much speed in this game. I play without the patches but kept the tuners (can only be done for offline dynasty). I played last night against Texas, I'm Nebraska, and I got killed by their amazing LB's. They looked like this.

ROLB: 6'7" 230lbs JR with 87spd, 89acc, 81agl
*he was an athlete who I tried to recruit but signed with Texas like everyone seems to do.*

MLB: 5'11" 245lbs SR with 88spd, 91acc, 84agl

LOLB: 6'3" 215lbs RsSo with 88spd, 88acc, 86agl

I could not run the ball because they were always there. Passing they could hang with my slower players. The only time I had success was when those LB's were in man coverage and I could run with my QB. The skill players have odd speed rating combos while LB's have amazing speed rating combos. I mess with the speed sliders all the time.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Interesting theory, guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

The original roster has players with higher ratings then you will see 6 years in. The recruits this year are rated lower even after all the tuner updates. Since the game does not support the lower rated players as well game play changes. It is hard to find game breakers at the skill positions. The LB's have way to much speed. The safeties don't have speed at all. The kicking game sucks. Then a few teams become stacked since all the recruits want to go to the same schools. In year 7 the number of teams that are A- or higher is 3 (Texas, Bama, USC) in my current dynasty. I'm almost ready to call it a day with NCAA 11. I just don't see the game as the best on the PS3/360 systems. Gameplay wise I enjoyed NCAA 09 much better. At least that was the last year the cpu ran triple option was a threat and you had to account for the QB running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »