Home

What happened to the 3 star?

This is a discussion on What happened to the 3 star? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
What happened to the 3 star?

I would like to see the come back of the coached up 3 star player. Finding those 2 or 3 star players can you can develop into redshirt junior or senior starters is gone in this years game or at such a low percentage that its just not worth it.

The redshirt freshman 4 or 5 star can come in and replace these guys way too easily this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What happened to the 3 star?

i do it all the time in my dynasties. Good dynasties are built on the 3* and pushed forward with the elite players. Most of my OL are 3* guys who sit for 2-4 years (if redshirted) and step up for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Depends on the team. The game is programmed so wrong with recruits. Playing as a Miami or Texas will give you solid 3 stars. Play as a mid level school and you'll get poor 3 star players.

― Plato
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
I would like to see the come back of the coached up 3 star player. Finding those 2 or 3 star players can you can develop into redshirt junior or senior starters is gone in this years game or at such a low percentage that its just not worth it.

The redshirt freshman 4 or 5 star can come in and replace these guys way too easily this year.

I disagree. I'm Idaho and I've got a 3* redshirt senior quarterback who is now an 86 and has been playing lights out. Just led my team to the CUSA championship game (lost it) and a win over Michigan in the Rose Bowl in my OD.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

unfortunatley only 4 stars and up are worth anything. you have to get 1 of the 3 juco 3 stars for them to actually see the field.
1. should be more juco players
2. 2* and 3* players should have a CHANCE to be GREAT
3. give a user a reason to recruit lower players 3* and not 18 4*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Not real sure what you guys are doing different then me but I have 3* guys become studs all the time. No they don't reach the 90's in overall but they do become soild college players. If you want the JuCo players that can play right now then look at the 2* & 1* for more JuCo players. I have a JuCo (Jr) kicker that came in as a 79ovr, the 3rd highest rated kicker based on overall. My O-line, playing as a 4* Nebraska in year 7, is all 3* guys that are RsJr's or RsSr's. I don't even try with 5*'s and only sign 2-4 4* players each season. My team is not loaded with players with overalls in the high 80's and 90's but I have a lot of good soild players who I can win with. My top 3 players based on overall were a 4* QB (93ovr), a 3* CB (88ovr), and a 3* WR/ATH (87ovr). They are all true seniors and none were red shirted.

Now finding skill players with good speed ratings (spd, acc, & agl) are hard to find. Then the LB's in this game have way to much speed and the safeties are way to slow.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

I would agree with some of the other guys, I don't have a problem with getting 3*'s to be good/great players.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 01-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I would agree with some of the other guys, I don't have a problem with getting 3*'s to be good/great players.
My problem comes in with all the other schools. I can find 3* that end up with ok overalls but some of their position ratings suck. The cpu can't recruit worth a crape unless its Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, Ohio St., or USC. They end up with all the good 5*, 4*, and 3*'s. That leaves the other schools bare. So when I play all the other school I kill them even though I'm not that much better. While you want see many 3*'s end up with overalls in the 90's, you will see them end up being solid players in the mid 70's to 80's at times. I will say they made it way harder to take a school from 1* to 6* this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »