Home

Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career

This is a discussion on Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career

They used to do this back on the regular xbox in 06, but once again EA and there take away all the good stuff attitude has neglected what is a GOOD part of player progression
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
I can't remember which version, it was either NCAA Football 07 or 08 on PS2 where the weight seemed to go up pretty decently each year. How exactly does EA go backwards with things like this?
EXACTLY why do they go backwards with stuff like this, academic penalties, campus legend position drills, heisman presentation, etc.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #27
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Another thing kind of about weight - why does my 6-4 230lb QB have a FAT face when looking at him in the depth chart and what not? With a big fat neck and cheeks? There's so many stupid little things in this freaking game.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #28
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44drob
The Dev. team should definitely look at this
Yes, but it's not really a new concept. Everything in most of these threads has been discussed in great detail over the years in many other wish list threads and posts.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #29
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Here is a great link to show just how much weight a college football player gains while in college. People like Nate Solder, LT for Colorado, gained 65 pounds over his five year college career, while Julio Jones, WR for Alabama lost four pounds.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp1188

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #30
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

This is a great point...I would love to see my 255 DT pick up 10 pounds over the summer workouts...Or if my MLB balloons up from 245 to 270 over the summer, loosing speed and acceleration I am able to work the weight off him to get back down to 250....Or a HB hitting the weights, adding 8-10 pounds, injury factor is stronger cause he is able to handle the hits he is taking....Kind of on topic....I hate getting a recruit, usually a OLB that is 6'0 188 pounds...he usually has pretty good strength numbers and avg speed which doesn't make any sense...or the ATH that is 190 pounds but his best rating at Position Change is DE?
12' 12-4
Old 05-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Giving us the ability to fully edit players in dynasty would be a viable option for this issue. Obviously they could make changes to the recruiting generating system and weight progression logic as well (tying weight more in with ratings, having players gain more weight over their career), but giving us the ability to edit players seems like it would be easier for the dev team.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I remember in 2k5 you could have your players gain weight, or lose it depending on how you had them work. I used to always bulk up my RBs to make them stronger. It also happens in Choops 2k8. My star PG gained 4 lbs and grew one inch going into this next season.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »