Home

Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
You've obviously never play ranked games bc everybody immediately rush to use 4-5 WR, regardless of the situation.
There is your problem. The original poster is speaking of a dynasty, not online ranked matches.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Problem solved.. don't play ranked games or random matches against people you're not familiar with. You should expect guys to abuse the AI to inflate their internet ego. I'm in an OD with Pielet and 10 other solid players and we have no problems with guys abusing money plays. Unfortunately, this is a video game and not real life, so there are limitations as to what the AI can do. I can guarantee for as long as there are video games attempting to emulate real sports, there will be flaws with the AI and ways to exploit it.
I agree with you 100%. I had a chance to join a legit OD and I declined when the game first came out. I regret it and am looking forward to getting into a serious OD next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
There is your problem. The original poster is speaking of a dynasty, not online ranked matches.
I know... But OP was talking about banning 4-5 WR, and I'm explaining how and why people abuse it.

Bottom line is, like the guy above said... People use it to inflate Internet egos. Especially in ranked games and the passing game is so broken that even below average users can score easily in this game.

It actually takes real talent to play from under center.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

I have no problem stopping guys who run 4 and 5 wide. I don't understand the issue if they run it from the start run quarters cover 2. If they are using a running QB run quarters cover 2 with a spy and contain. I show blitz also which gives you shading to the inside on the slots.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #20
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Banning formations is a slippery slope. The college game is a diverse one... i certainly don't want to see the same vanilla pro-style formations every week when i play a user in my OD.

Does the CPU struggle with zone coverage, yes... can you compensate some with manually controlling the LB or S... certainly. I've actually found some exotic zone's to be effective as long as your getting pressure on the QB. It's when the guy is allowed to sit in the pocket and wait for WR's to clear a zone that it becomes easy.

You just need to find a dynasty that has some rules about mixing up play calling and not over-using/abusing money plays or formations. It's more about the type of people you play with than the game itself. There will always be ways to manipulate the game, no matter how tight they get the code.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165
I have no problem stopping guys who run 4 and 5 wide. I don't understand the issue if they run it from the start run quarters cover 2. If they are using a running QB run quarters cover 2 with a spy and contain. I show blitz also which gives you shading to the inside on the slots.
Cover 2 man or cover 2 zone? Bc cover 2 zone you will get killed deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
MVP

It's cover 2 man, sorry about not being specific, You go cover two and show blitz. This makes the guy think he can beat you deep when in fact he will throw at a bracketed receiver. I get interceptions probably once every four times he tries to throw into it. He will get lucky once and a while, but it works more than it doesn't.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165
It's cover 2 man, sorry about not being specific, You go cover two and show blitz. This makes the guy think he can beat you deep when in fact he will throw at a bracketed receiver. I get interceptions probably once every four times he tries to throw into it. He will get lucky once and a while, but it works more than it doesn't.
Anyone who has any clue how to play the game will pick apart cover 2 man.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
MVP

I beg to differ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »