Home

Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

it still doesn't take any more time off than not using chew clock and waiting until 1-2 seconds on the play clock to snap it. I don't see why it's so bad.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't think it's the Chew Clock they're complaining about so much. It's the fact that 5 minute quarters aren't long enough. People online can run about 6-7 plays a quarter by choosing to run down the clock, either by using the Chew Clock or just waiting to snap it. I use Nebraska online and I run the ball a lot, but I don't run the clock down to the last remaining seconds unless it's the 4th quarters. It's kind of annoying, but it FORCES you to stop the run for a drive or two.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1

but would u do it in the 1st quarter ? nope probably not if u had u had to do it manually everytime. the game was fine without it or just make it a 4th quarter feature ... its not realistic....

And 4 the 1 millionth time i mean when they chew the clock in the first half ....if u see a team do this in real life before the 4th quarter or even midway thru 3 let me know
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Personally, I hate the feature, but not for the reasons most hate it.

I don't have a problem with someone milking the clock, I am just not in that much of a hurry to get to the next play. I love playing a football video game at a somewhat similar pace of a real football game.

When I am running out the clock at the end of the game, I want to sit and watch the seconds count off, it just feels more real. Using the chew clock feature feels too video game-ish and makes the game feel rushed.

I only get to play 2 or 3 times a week. When I am playing, I am not in a hurry for it to end. I savor every second. Whether I am just sitting there basking in the glow of victory or pouting in defeat.

If I am losing, I feel like I am SUPPOSED to be watching the seconds slowly tick off in agony.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 01-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Personally, I hate the feature, but not for the reasons most hate it.

I don't have a problem with someone milking the clock, I am just not in that much of a hurry to get to the next play. I love playing a football video game at a somewhat similar pace of a real football game.

When I am running out the clock at the end of the game, I want to sit and watch the seconds count off, it just feels more real. Using the chew clock feature feels too video game-ish and makes the game feel rushed.

I only get to play 2 or 3 times a week. When I am playing, I am not in a hurry for it to end. I savor every second. Whether I am just sitting there basking in the glow of victory or pouting in defeat.

If I am losing, I feel like I am SUPPOSED to be watching the seconds slowly tick off in agony.

this is pretty much what im saying... y milk the clock in the 1st quarter. its not a game plan its an exploit.Nobody ever used to do this manually and with the run blocking this year its an exploit and to further that i will add that the ppl who do this run the ball an absurd percentage of the time i have yet to see some one who plays a balanced type of offense do this chew clock ALL GAME. its usually the run run run or the pryor or newton abusers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #22
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

People do whatever it is they can do to win the game, whether it's calling the same successful play over and over, using a power running team to milk the clock ALL game, or taking advantage of not-so-smart AI in certain ways. It's online play, not much you can do but get better and get used to it.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
People do whatever it is they can do to win the game, whether it's calling the same successful play over and over, using a power running team to milk the clock ALL game, or taking advantage of not-so-smart AI in certain ways. It's online play, not much you can do but get better and get used to it.
i can dig it i respect what youre saying.Im super competitive which is why i cant leave online alone.But the holes in the ai make that blatantly terrible to deal with.

things like man alignment and stuffing the box are almost useless against sweeps and other things because the a.i. is nutty.some one goes up by 10 in the 2nd and gets the ball back to start the 3rd whether they score or not they run out the WHOLE QUARTER... nutty
Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Well its pros and cons for choosing a gameplan right? What are the cons for chewing the clock? Seriously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »