Home

Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #41
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Like its been said b4, whether the "chew clock" feature was in the game or not people will still chew clock. Its is not an exploit and people have done it in real football games and yes in the first quarter. You probably won't see it much on TV b/c teams have a certain level of talent so it wouldn't make much sense. But there have been instances where less talented teams will chew clock to keep more talented teams off the field (and yes starting in the 1st qrt). But it would be more like taking a long time to call a play and break the huddle. There shouldn't be a penalty for chew clock b/c well, they are simply running the clock. Now i've never heard of an instance of " Michigan simply is not breaking any tackles today!" "Well thats b/c they are chewing clock." or " Florida took so long to snap the ball trying to chew clock that they fumbled the ball." Take about not being sim. Sounds like the real problem is just calling the right defense to get people of the field or I would venture to say that you play defense using a lineman. Either one can lead to big problems trying to get a win from someone that chews clock.

Nope i play safety or weakside LB...But I understand what u mean in less talented teams miami ohio feared the gators and did it.But at that point youre not playing to win youre playing not to lose. maybe my suggestions are off but what i mean is if chew clock is goin hand and hand with cheese then u got to feel me.Maybe if play recognition worked like it use to when a high awareness impact guy would recognize the formation after oh say 7 8 times and try to disrupt it like in real life . Make AWR and PRC count.

But really not meaning literally fumble or break less tackles but my point with that is you rarely see big plays when teams are chewing clock . because the defense stuffs the box and the offense just wants to run time.Now if somebody cuts back against my pursuit shakes or spins off backside defender and takes off i hate it as a competitor but i love it as a football fan.But when i get gashed on a run when my defender gets sucked into a block that looks like a block in the back it kills me.

Im just asking for discretion according to the time length and actually a con to chewing the clock in inaprpriate times ... no more no less
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #42
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw-Cane
Nope i play safety or weakside LB...But I understand what u mean in less talented teams miami ohio feared the gators and did it.But at that point youre not playing to win youre playing not to lose. maybe my suggestions are off but what i mean is if chew clock is goin hand and hand with cheese then u got to feel me.Maybe if play recognition worked like it use to when a high awareness impact guy would recognize the formation after oh say 7 8 times and try to disrupt it like in real life . Make AWR and PRC count.

But really not meaning literally fumble or break less tackles but my point with that is you rarely see big plays when teams are chewing clock . because the defense stuffs the box and the offense just wants to run time.Now if somebody cuts back against my pursuit shakes or spins off backside defender and takes off i hate it as a competitor but i love it as a football fan.But when i get gashed on a run when my defender gets sucked into a block that looks like a block in the back it kills me.

Im just asking for discretion according to the time length and actually a con to chewing the clock in inaprpriate times ... no more no less
There is no con in real life to chewing the clock other than to piss off your opponent and keep your defense off of the field.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #43
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
There is no con in real life to chewing the clock other than to piss off your opponent and keep your defense off of the field.
And according to this thread it seems like NCAA 11 is very realistic in that regard.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #44
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Here's another situation: You're playing a team that is an offensive juggernaut. You know your defense is going to have a hard time stopping him. Wouldn't you want to burn as much time as possible to make sure the opposing offense has very little time with the ball? The Chew Clock feature is there to skip those 15-20 seconds of just sitting at the line of scrimmage, waiting for you to call hike.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Here's another situation: You're playing a team that is an offensive juggernaut. You know your defense is going to have a hard time stopping him. Wouldn't you want to burn as much time as possible to make sure the opposing offense has very little time with the ball? The Chew Clock feature is there to skip those 15-20 seconds of just sitting at the line of scrimmage, waiting for you to call hike.

i get all that .... but check this out how does a 6 possession game sound ? not 6 each 6 total... thats crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #46
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
i get all that .... but check this out how does a 6 possession game sound ? not 6 each 6 total... thats crazy

Again 5 minutes quarters is the problem. If it bugs you that much play unranked games and change the settings.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #47
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Again 5 minutes quarters is the problem. If it bugs you that much play unranked games and change the settings.
no one plays those since a week after the game released .... everyone got their labs in and that was it for that
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
no one plays those since a week after the game released .... everyone got their labs in and that was it for that
You've officially lost me. I thought you have been complaining about playing 5 minute ranked games online and having your opponent chew the clock on you.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »